Buffalo and Damone Brown

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
CHris902
Site Admin

Buffalo and Damone Brown

Post by CHris902 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Is he only playing home games? Is he off the team? What's going on here?

bdaly
Site Admin

Post by bdaly » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm

He wasn't with the team in Rochester yesterday (and they had 11 I believe), so maybe? But, a bigger hit to the Stampede happened yesterday, as Robinson went down and looked like he had a fairly serious injury. They took off his shoe and he was carried off. He'd be a solid player on any PBL team, so that's really going to hurt them if he's done for the year.

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 am

Haven't really been hanging around the world of minor league hoops the last 2 weeks with some other obligations, but from what I'm hearing about Andy Robinson, he might have torn his ACL due to the leaking roof at BCA in Rochester on Saturday. There was a wet spot on the court but they kept playing the game, one of our players slipped 5 mins before Andy did and play went on. Very unfortunate, he was a great player, and to have an injury due to the leaky roof and slipping on the wet spot isn't right.

Chris, as far as Damone, from what I heard it seems as if he has decided to just play home games because of his events he runs during the week and weekends at night clubs and stuff.
The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

bdaly
Site Admin

Post by bdaly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:52 am

It looked to me like he hurt himself closer to the 3-point line. He actually tried to take a few steps, and pretty much went down around the spot though (granted, I was behind the other net on the floor level, so my perspective wasn't perfect, but I kept on an eye the spot to see if it was really dry). They claimed to have fixed the vent/roof leak as they sent the maintenance team up there, and both coaches met on it before play resumed, but you always wonder if something like that can get rectified that quickly...

pistol44
Site Admin

Post by pistol44 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Very unfortunate injury...but it has nothing to do with the leak. Leak was taken care of by maintenance well before injury occured. Floor was dry. Robinson tore his achielles tendon. Overheard the doctor say that when he squeezed his calf there was nothing there. Sad for him and his team.

Return to “PBL”