welcome

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 am

I think it is very fannish and not very reasonable to disparage a coach before his first season is even complete. A season is not static. Much like players, as a coach goes through a season he may improve or worsen. And a coach is truly at the mercy of what he has for a roster. How about we let the season play out before we conclude that Coach Voigt isn't up to the job?

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 am

In our first season in the CBA, my team was so bad we had to change coaches halfway thru the season before we began winning. Sometime's it's neccesary.

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 am

[quote=""not so fast""]Wow, look at the haters here. Well I only have one question, who is to say these d-league players on his roster are not that good[/quote]Me, for whatever that is worth -- definitely not as good compared to last season's roster
and for the record, I was well aware of my quote and knew some nice person might think i was contradicting myself, but I also know how hard it is for any player to get in the D league, so I refuse to believe that the players that coach has are these aba level players as some of you are suggesting.
I never said they were ABA players, they just aren't at the same level as the players they had last season or at the level of the stars of other teams. They are good players and they play hard, but in total the talent level is lower than that of other teams. It's pretty easy to compare them.
I also believe if you were to ask the d league office (and I think I might) as to is there a big difference in the talent, and are the allocated players distributed equally to all the teams?
Again, in Bakersfield's case it's difficult to make that judgment since one of their allocated players was waived due to injury and another seems to have quit the sport altogether. If this is the kind of thing that can be predicted, I would like to know how.
When you present me the evidence that the roster of the jam is these guys from some obscure place whose only basketball experience has been playing aau for the dad in danville illinois, then i will agree with you!
No need to build a straw man -- just look at last season's roster.
Bdyer, you are good with the computer, maybe you can research some talent then for your coach there in bakersfield.
I'm in Austin. If anyone actually listened to me the Toros would have a power forward by now.
And last I checked, didn't Buffalo win?
You never post when Bakersfield wins.

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:55 am

I will say that he talent level of the Jam is rising of late with the additions of Brian Butch and Blake Ahearn, thought the later doesn't seem to be in game shape yet. It's noteworthy that, in addition to the aforementioned issues, there was 100% roster turnover from last season and there is now only one player on the team with previous D-League experience (Ahearn). Add to that the absence of any NBA send-downs and you have a situation that could challenge the best coach.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 pm

zeke, i never thought you were in a cave, i figured the florida flight was setting up relief funds for haiti, and psbf, I am glad to see you are a voice of reason on here.

And bdyer, for a guy who lives in the Bible belt, you certainly have an edge about you. Texas is a great state, you are lucky to be there. Chicago has pollution, terrible traffic, road construction, high crime, corruption in government, wind chill factors in the winter below zero, high taxes, and bad professional sports teams, high unemployment, and worst of all, we have Oprah.

Finally, I hope Will does well, I have no hard feelings toward him. And as i said before, no one can argue the success he had in Vermont. In fact, If I recall right, Vermont was the only team last year to win in Rochester. and that is not easy for any coach.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Well preeths, you have never liked me, which of course I could care less about, but I took the time to do a little research on the players from bakersfield, and found out that their roster is actually pretty good. If this is a bad team then the top teams must be ready now to play the Bulls.

They even have the Dleague 2008 rookie of the year on their roster. Not to mention players with solid overseas experience. I mean they have a player from the university of wisconsin, and I believe thats the big ten, Univeristy of Miami, and on an on.

You shouldnt spend so much time trying to be a mind reader and detective. People can have an opinion and thats our right. Just because you don't like it, you try and mischaracterize what I am saying, and make inferences that I am trying to put the coach down.

I would think a coach would want a honest opinion and not some artifical fan club junkies, praising his every move.

If my opinion is wrong about coach, then I think he will have time this season too prove me wrong![/quote]

You're the one who contradicts yourself. Don't get so uptight that someone pointed it out.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Preeths, what is your job with osc may i ask?

Jimmytwotimes
Site Admin

Post by Jimmytwotimes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]
They even have the Dleague 2008 rookie of the year on their roster. Not to mention players with solid overseas experience. I mean they have a player from the university of wisconsin, and I believe thats the big ten, Univeristy of Miami, and on an on.[/quote]

The Frost Heaves this year have a guy from the University of Michigan and from Kentucky. These guy's are horrible. The guy's from the no-name schools have better talent. Just because they went to a big D1 school doesn't mean their superstars.

Frost Heaves Fan
Site Admin

Post by Frost Heaves Fan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm

[quote=""Jimmytwotimes""]The Frost Heaves this year have a guy from the University of Michigan and from Kentucky. These guy's are horrible. The guy's from the no-name schools have better talent. Just because they went to a big D1 school doesn't mean their superstars.[/quote]

I agree with this. Our big D1 school guys from this year are unimpressive at best. In general, big D1 schools may produce more superstars but it is not a guarantee. Melvin Creddle was probably the best point guard that the Heaves ever had (2006/7) and he attended Mount Olive (NC) College D2.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:15 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Preeths, what is your job with osc may i ask?[/quote]

You can ask through PMs. This board is for basketball.

Return to “PBL”