Welcome to the PBL: Battle Creek Knights

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 pm

[quote=""Juniper""]Ken,

I respect your knowledge of minor league basketball. However; I do uderstand the x's and O's of basketball. With the change Battle Creek made with there coach and players, made them a very good basketball team. I heard the coach from Elkart say that Battle Creek was a better team then Gary at the end of the season. I saw both teams first hand at the end. Once BC learned to play in the new system there new coach brought, and the players learned to play with each other, that was a good team. It takes a new coach and new players a few week to jell. If this team would have had two more week together, I wonder what they could have done. As you know, if you have the players, you will win. Battle Creek brought in players that knew how to win.

I also heard that the new coach at Battle Creek learned a great deal from an old Gary coach. I think his name was Dale Osbourn. He coaches in the D league now, but has been very successful in the USBL. When was coach Osbourn with the Steelhead? Sounds like and excellent mentor.[/quote]

Actually, Gary was a better team than Elkhart at the end of the season. However, the fans were robbed of seeing some really good basketball in the playoffs. Now we'll never be able to settle this debate.

Dale Osbourne was Duane Ticknor's assistant coach for three years (2002-2005) with the CBA Steelheads. Dale took over as head coach that third season when Duane became too ill to continue. Dale and Duane (who also coaches in the D-League) are both excellent coaches and very personable people.

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 pm

I agree I think Gary was definally better than Elkhart. I honestly dont even think the IBL playoffs counted this year considering the teams that couldnt make it. Just because the coach at Elkhart says a team is better means it is. :confused: Thats no big deal. He was just being nice. :infun: Just because you have a good mentor doesnt mean your as good as that mentor. Maybe better at the BS. Why a financially struggling team would switch leagues and fire a coach who was winning to a coach who took months not weeks to win a few games boggles my mind also. New system or not thats crazy. Good excuse but still crazy. :mrgreen:

bballnut14
Site Admin

Post by bballnut14 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 am

I saw Elkhat and Gary play. No way was Gary better then Elkhart. I was in attendance for the East playoffs. I saw Battle Creek and Elkhart play. With the addition of McCants, Davis and Williams I think Battle Creek would have beat Gary. I did not think Gary played well at the end of the season either. For sure Elkhart was the best in the East. Gary had some good guards but not as smart Pledger. This guy knows how to win. Moodie is the best shooter in the league. Alway hitting the big shot. CB at the 3, he can do it all. Lovett is solid, mayber Gary is better there. Elkhart for sure has the best 7 footer. On the bench, Elkharts guys play much better as a team. They play harder as well.

I respect the head coach for Elkhart. Coach B is the best in the league. If he has something to say, listen. He knows what he is talking about. You are right he is a nice guy. So is the new Battle Creek coach. You can tell both coaches have great respect for each other. Watching them before the game is almost as fun as the game. They have some pretty good laughs. We only wish we new what they were laughing about, cause they sure were having fun.

I am going to miss Battle Creek in the IBL. I wish them the best of luck. Anybody that has anything negative to say about the Knights and there coach, doesnt know as much as some (juniper) give them credit for on this board. These are outstanding people. Even leaving the IBL, they did it the right way with the league. I'll be the IBL Comish has nothing but good things to say about the Knights

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:32 am

Munson,
Welcome to Florida, my friend! A few words of advice from a native son ... Wax the board and enjoy the waves as Fay is a tropical storm! Concerning Hurricanes ... if it is a cat 3 or above, get out of town as nothing good can come of this. If it is a 2 or below, there will be rain, wind, and some good surf! And one more thing, hope you left the duct tape up north when you moved. Adding tape to windows does nothing. :D

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:25 pm

bballnut14 why dont you just confess you are Juniper instead of coming on here acting like a player with two or more usernames trying to make yourself look good. You were caught on the IBL board and you know it. If anyone goes back and reads the posts its pretty clear who this is. Who else would talk them self up so much other than the biggest BS out there! What you say is smack and people know it.
Last edited by balling2008 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:54 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]bballnut14 why dont you just confess you are Juniper instead of coming on here acting like a player with two or more usernames trying to make yourself look good. You were caught on the IBL board and you know it. If anyone goes back and reads the posts its pretty clear who this is. Who else would talk them self up so much other than the biggest BS out there! What you say is smack and people know it.[/quote]

Just for the heck of it, I checked this out and there is no basis for this claim. Nothing matches so please drop it.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Ummm you cant read then. Go back to the IBl boards read the last few post. He said sorry his last post was not nice when he didnt write a last post his best bud ballnut did. Also that I called him crazy which I called bballnut. Duh! What are you his friend trying to save him. Please he was caught and knows it. Yes I will drop it now cause he sure looks like a idiot having to pump himself up on these boards. Not to mention being caught in big time lies. :eek: :-D
Last edited by balling2008 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:01 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]Ummm you cant read then. Go back to the IBl boards read the last few post. He said sorry his last post was not nice when he didnt write a last post his best bud ballnut did. Duh! What are you his friend trying to get him out of trouble. Please he was caught and knows it. Yes I will drop it now cause he sure looks like a idiot having to pump himself up on these boards. Not to mention being caught in big time lies. :eek: :-D [/quote]

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, I checked the IP addresses of posts made by both posters. Unless he is using two ISP's to do this, I would call it an unsubstantiated claim.

No, I am not his friend, I am one of the moderators who KNOWS how to read. Watch yourself son or you will end up taking a vacation. Kapish?
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Sorry but you can post at work right?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:14 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]Sorry but you can post at work right?[/quote]

I checked into it, too, and there is no proof. Unless you have some, back off.

Return to “PBL”