Today's Game: Reading at Jacksonville but really in Chicago?

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:36 am

[quote=""The Magician""]Bdaly ... Did they list the name of Jax' home court?[/quote]

It didnt say any specific venue

The game was moved to Chicago because the Jacksonville franchise was taken over by the league last week, and a home court could not be secured in time. That issue has apparently been resolved.

http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=79861
The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:00 am

[quote=""tbayz1""]It didnt say any specific venue

The game was moved to Chicago because the Jacksonville franchise was taken over by the league last week, and a home court could not be secured in time. That issue has apparently been resolved.

http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=79861[/quote]

Thanks for the link tbayz!

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:07 am

Lightning man you beat the PBL Travelling team by 30 points, no wonder you don't care who they are...I don't think you would have beat the Dallas team I saw play by 30 points, so yrd it does make a difference and did you ever check the Wash Generals overall record...

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:14 am

.....not that it matters at this point, but i don't think the dallas team from early on even exists anymore...didn't some of their best guys already move on because they weren't getting paid (which I think is where usbasket.com is most in tune...eg, to the players who say they aren't getting paid)?

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:54 am

[quote=""radiodavel""]Lightning man you beat the PBL Traveling team by 30 points, no wonder you don't care who they are. I don't think you would have beat the Dallas team I saw play by 30 points, so yrd it does make a difference and did you ever check the Wash Generals overall record.[/quote]
Wilmington would not have beaten Dallas by 30 points and they'll have a hard time beating teams they have already defeated with McGinnis gone.

The reason that the PBL Travelers don't matter to me is that they were as much an unknown quantity to me as the Defenders (they have never played here) and the game was, in essence, an exhibition. It was a good show that didn't matter, so they don't matter.

I just can't work up outrage about it. Sorry.

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:00 am

so Lightning Man you only care about Wilmington, not the PBL? If I am any of the other PBL teams I say bring the PBL Travelers to our place, looks like and easy win///

my point, if Wilmington wins the East by one game it would be a shame

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:30 am

[quote=""radiodavel""]so Lightning Man you only care about Wilmington, not the PBL? If I am any of the other PBL teams I say bring the PBL Travelers to our place, looks like and easy win///

my point, if Wilmington wins the East by one game it would be a shame[/quote]
First, don't put words in my mouth. I care about the PBL. Next, Wilmington won by forfeit anyway, so that one game would have counted in the standings from that aspect whether or not those Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts got to see a game. And lastly, I am not going to discuss this with you anymore until you answer my question:

Since you do not agree with what the PBL did, given the same circumstances what would you do? And you specifically cannot say "not let Jacksonville and Dallas into the league int he first place".

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:11 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]Who cares about the Cleveland Indians in Milwaukee?[/quote]

Major League baseball fans. Isn't it obvious?!?

Return to “PBL”