Today's Game: Reading at Jacksonville but really in Chicago?

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:10 pm

he said the other poster was from Corning

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote=""radiodavel""]he said the other poster was from Corning[/quote]

[quote=""preeths""] Let's see, who else had a problem with [the RazorSharks]? That's right, our old buddy from Corning. Oh, and you just happen, in a wild coincidence, to be posting from the same IP that ABA06er used to register his account.[/quote]
He said the poster you shared an IP with was ABA06er and the poster you shared a distaste of the RazorSharks with was Corning.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:19 pm

radiodavel is not the same person as our good friend ABA06er.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:20 pm

[quote=""preeths""]radiodavel is not the same person as our good friend ABA06er.[/quote]
Good to know.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Sure, but let's not confuse physical location with IP location.

I could be in Corning right now as could you even though neither one of our IPs suggest that we are. It is quite easy to post from a proxy server.

preeths said that he noticed your IP was the same as the one used to register our friend 06er.

Either he was wrong in his identification of the pattern, it is a coincidence, or you are in fact the same poster.

Those are the only conclusions can that can be drawn. The second is statistically less unlikely, unless you work at a place with other posters. So #1 or #3 are the most likely options.

I dont know/dont care but I do want to point out the technical aspects of this topic as it has been brought up on other threads too.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Sweet vindication!!!

Post by DazedAndAmused » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:22 pm

[quote=""preeths""]radiodavel is not the same person as our good friend ABA06er.[/quote]

...sounds like it was #1 then! Sweet vindication!!!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 pm

I would like to know what your beef is with the PBL, radiodavel. I think everyone here freely admits that the league has stumbled this last week, but you seem to be addressing the situation as if everyone has anointed the league as minor league basketball's savior. I don't really see anyone saying much more than the league is making the best of its current struggles.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

[quote=""radiodavel""]nope you are wrong...I live in Illinois and I have insight cable (soon to be comcast) , so only if the ABA guy uses insight, (which does adjust ip addresses)...so assuming something is not a good thing and to say my thoughts come from something other than how I feel is a mistake on your part. But you have every right to believe what you want.[/quote]

You are correct. I misidentified the IP with another poster with whom we had problems. He was indeed from Illinois. My apologies.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:35 pm

In a strange way, having these 2 crisis this week could be a positive for a few reasons:

1. We have seen the league act under adverse situations and now know they they can and will act when necessary.
2. The league has proven it can complete its schedule (at least so far.)

IMO, criticism is certainly due, but not for the actions this week. (Those should be commended.) The criticism should be for lessoning the standards in August/September for the purpose of starting with 10 teams. (The last second removal of Minn may also have been involved the decision process.)

In retrospect, the league probably wishes it would have an 8 team league, 4 East, 4 West sans Jax/Dallas.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:40 pm

I'll declare the following: I don't give a squat that radiodavel says what it says. None of that matters a hill of beans to the discussions at hand.

I can choose to look at this as a consumer's decision. There are all these teams and leagues wanting my dollars. For reasons near and far, some beyond my comprehension, I've even been known to take trips to check these things out (just got back from Sacramento, for instance). The key thing: it's MY money. With that money, I DON'T HAVE TO BE FAIR. I'll buy what I want, I'll make statements by not buying something, I'll withhold making payments when disputes arise, et cetera.

The ABA? I regard that outfit as worthy of a PROVERBIAL kick in the groin. I take a dim view of ponzi schemes with several people "just trying to play ball" caught in the middle. If radiodavel wants to complain about fairness in this case, then I'm motivated and encouraged to make it worse, because I don't have to be fair. END OF SUBJECT (at least for the PBL board).

Meanwhile...

PBL Travelers? Bad idea. That really is begging suspicion among fans.

I've seen games POSTPONED for similar reasons, and while that sucks for the home fans, I believe RESCHEDULING is a doable option, MAKE-GOODS the same (tickets to another game, possibly in addition to the rescheduled game)... a forfeit wasn't necessary. (Well, "probably" wasn't necessary... a system of fines would probably be preferable to setting a precedent where a team could "miss a flight" to avoid a matchup due to suspensions or the like.)

Thing is, of course, the PBL DID have a plan, and was able to execute it. They're fairly good at contingencies. The PR (or at least "website PR") needs serious work. The vetting obviously needs a shakedown. The geography is probably an 800-pound gorilla currently hiding in the closet. In short, sounds like a first-year league.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “PBL”