SCL in the News

The South Coast League (SCL) forum
wellington
Site Admin

SCL in the News

Post by wellington » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Latest ACL news from Anderson's Independent Mail:

New Leagues Have Major Selling Job To Do

Looks like a rookie league is also interested in Anderson.
Last edited by wellington on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoesFan
Site Admin

Another SCL Story!

Post by JoesFan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:13 am

I know operations have suspended, but hopefully someone will take note that there is still interest in indy baseball in the southeast. This is a league that so sparked our interest that we can't help but keep asking "what if".

So if you've got deep pockets, let's talk baseball... :)

http://www.andersonindependentmail.com/ ... py-ending/

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:53 pm

It will be interesting to find out more about that new rookie league. Seems like they want to put teams in Anderson, Macon, etc.

Baseball Insider
Site Admin

Post by Baseball Insider » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:24 am

I mentioned about the "rookie" league eearlier. I don't know a whole lot about it, though I think it will be run by Ric Sisler, who was the GM in Macon, and has a great relationship with the city folks there. Ric is the grandson of hall of famer "George Sisler," and the son of Dick Sisler. He comes from a baseball family. I think they league will sort of be a college league, with seniors who weren't drafted eligible, looking for another shot. Rumor has it they do have backing and this will be sanctioned by Major League Baseball.

Honestly, they are probably doing it the right way, keeping things close to the best. Joes Fan hit the nail on the head, in that it willt ake deep pockets. I have to imagine they want to make sure they have cities lined up, all of their finances in order, etc. before they officially launch, if they ever do.

I just think it may be a little to tough to try and sell markets in the south, to community leaders and governments, without revealing where your backing will come from. Before you can go out and talk about sponsorships and promotions, you need to have all your ducks in a row......

Return to “SCL”