A "new" Indy baseball business model

The South Coast League (SCL) forum
MikeH
Site Admin

Post by MikeH » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:25 am

[quote=""wellington""]My hats off to you. Its nice to see that the ACL is transparent and open to the fans. I know you can't divulge every detail, but it will be fun to see how this endeavor continues to develop and I hope you keep posting on here. I wish you guys the best.

I know you may not be at liberty to give any specifics right now, but is your first franchise in one of the former SCL cities?[/quote]

Yes, the first possible market is a former SCL city.

According to the franchise owner, on a scale from 1 to 10, he says it is a 9.5.

He said the Director of Parks & Recreation was very pleased with his proposal.

He said he is still awaiting her response after she had to meet with the City Attorney.
**HOMETOWN CLUBS**
Durham Bulls (Class AAA International League)
Carolina Mudcats (Class AA Southern League)
Winston-Salem Dash (Class A Advanced Carolina League)
Greensboro Grasshoppers (Class A South Atlantic League)
Burlington Indians (Rookie Appalachian League)
**CINCINNATI REDS' AFFILIATIONS**
Louisville Bats
Carolina Mudcats
Dayton Dragons
Billings Mustangs

kekemortson
Site Admin

Wow!

Post by kekemortson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 am

This has to be one of the best threads I have ever read! All these great ideas and insider information on minor league baseball! Love it!

I am just a fan who really misses baseball this summer. I hope Macon (or Warner Robins while I am wishing) is on somebody's list for a team.....

Baseball Insider
Site Admin

Post by Baseball Insider » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 pm

I would like to see baseball come back to Macon too - In recent years, the only team that really bombed, from the fans' perspective was the 2003 Peaches. The Braves and Music did average. Like I mentioned to Jamie on here, I think the Music's former GM, Ric Sisler, who still lives there, may be trying to get a college wooden bat league centered around Macon. I think some of the city leaders, may respect the job he did....(whether they are right or wrong). I think the City Council may have given him an award in September. His family name does bring a degree of credibility, I guess.

Return to “SCL”