STILL waiting for my paycheck (FROM OVER A YEAR AGO)

The South Coast League (SCL) forum
kmac5582
Site Admin

STILL waiting for my paycheck (FROM OVER A YEAR AGO)

Post by kmac5582 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Hey...just checking to see if anyone else has had a similar situation. I worked for the SCL - specifically the South Georgia Peanuts for about a month and quit because it was one headache after another.

Long story short...neither the team, nor the League would return voicemails, e-mails and even a few letters sent in the mail. I had figured I was never going to see my paycheck and had given up, UNTIL I got a W-2 in the mail from the League, who claimed to the Government that they had paid me...when indeed...I have STILL not seen my check. I read a story in the Albany Herald that former GM Keith Michlig was owed at least one paycheck.

I know the League has "suspended operations" for this season, but wonder if anyone else out there is also waiting for a paycheck. I've already contacted the Georgia Department of Labor as well as the US Labor and Wage division, and they are looking in to my situation...and would suggest that anyone else who hasn't been paid do the same.

Maybe..JUST MAYBE someone still affiliated with the SCL will get their act together, and FINALLY pay outstanding debts they owe to former employees.

Return to “SCL”