Hello? Is anybody out there?

The South Coast League (SCL) forum
Nuckinfuts
Site Admin

Unpaid Debt

Post by Nuckinfuts » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:04 am

I believe the unpaid debt spoken of is the league's debt to its players, namely the championship team that were measured for and promised league rings for the championship inaugural season. What a bust. Why even measure or promise such a thing when you knew all along the league was in financial trouble, can't even pay lights bills, much less commit to rings? As far as S. GA Nuts players not returning to the league, it's not because the league doesn't want them back!!! Are you kidding me? These guys returning would give this league a glimmer of hope of surviving. Without them, and because of, I believe, mismanagement of funds and lax PR and fund-raising efforts, this league will be lucky to survive. I hope it does for the other young guys out there trying to make it back to the pros (and yes many of them came from the pros), because many of them are good enough to and in a lot of cases it really is "who you know." If the league does get off the ground I hope they repay all their debts and remember their promise to the Inaugural Championship team, the South Georgia Peanuts.

newarkeg
Site Admin

Unpaid Debts

Post by newarkeg » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:38 am

Obviously something is amiss. Isn't the league responsible for a promise that the players would receive championship rings, which they had fought hard for and earned?Did the league fail to pay for them,or the supplier fail to deliver?Was my comment misconstrued?

Mr.Ed
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Ed » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:46 pm

I would bet that an actual order for rings was never placed.

Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 pm

I notice that the new poll offered on the Peanut's website asks if replica championship rings should be given away at the gate next year. Hmmm. I didn't know that 'invisible' was a color plastic came in. Ya learn somethin' new every day!

Return to “SCL”