OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 66.32.117.54
Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino
Default D-League to Erie? Affiliated with the Cavs?

What happened to Youngstown? http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...LL04/712280418
  #2   IP: 132.49.221.25
Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 PM

Sounds like negotiations to me. Play one against the other because Youngstown is probably trying to actually cover their costs. Teams want cities to cover TEAM costs.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107
  #3   IP: 216.249.209.79
Old 12-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Ya i read that and was thinking WHAT..... I don't know if western Pennsylvania is the best place to put a team but is it much different then Youngstown though?
  #4   IP: 66.32.117.54
Old 12-28-2007, 07:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino

I think it's a great idea if Youngstown is still in the running. Play the cities off each other. It'll build up interest. I think the same thing will happen in a couple of years when the Bobcats finally pursue a D-League team in the Carolinas. Lot of the old D-League cities would have a entirely different attitude supporting a team Michael Jordan is running rather than a NBA-owned team. I'm already shamelessly lobbying for Asheville since we have a new venue that's basketball specific with only 3,500 seats that should work much better then the old Civic Center.

Erie isn't that far away from Youngstown.

I just think a team in Pennsylvania would want to be affiliated with the 76ers.
  #5   IP: 216.249.209.56
Old 12-31-2007, 12:33 PM

Apparently Erie's Minor League Hockey team isn't too happy with plans to put a Dleague team there and possibly an Indoor Football teaem.... there was an article in the paper with them voicing concerns over it..... I know Sioux Falls, Bakersfield and I think RGV all have Hockey, basketball and indoor football.... Idoor football isn't a big problem because they start right when basketball is ending.... I understand there complaints though because right now they are the show in town....
  #6   IP: 206.180.214.111
Old 01-15-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbballfan View Post
Apparently Erie's Minor League Hockey team isn't too happy with plans to put a Dleague team there and possibly an Indoor Football teaem.... there was an article in the paper with them voicing concerns over it..... I know Sioux Falls, Bakersfield and I think RGV all have Hockey, basketball and indoor football.... Idoor football isn't a big problem because they start right when basketball is ending.... I understand there complaints though because right now they are the show in town....

Yeah the Otters owner made a big stink about taking away from his potential revenue.

Here's a gem from that article:

I'll set this excerpt up for you so it makes sense. The Otters since the 2005 season to now are a dismal 50-115. They are 9-30 this season.

[Beginning]
“If they do this, that tells me they don’t want us. … It would be like building another comedy club across the street from Jr.’s,” he said.

Well, not really, but let’s go with his analogy. The first thing Jr.’s would have to do under that scenario is make sure its comics were funny.
[End]

The Civic Center has to be losing money since they maybe get 900ish on average for games in a building that holds 6000+, yet inflate the attendance numbers to the range of 3000+ to make it sound respectable. *Yawn*