OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

Closed Thread

#1   IP: 69.145.158.148
Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Default what?

Do we really need a press release announcing that a player was considered to be player of the week? Come on. Kentucky is great at this- spinning press release after press release about nothing. Coach K washes his socks today will be featured topic in tommorrow's release. By the weekend, Kentucky will put out a release that Josh Pace actually stopped someone on defense and had words with Boo Jackson over what Boo's girlfriend was wearing at the game.
  #2   IP: 66.63.214.104
Old 01-02-2008, 04:16 PM

I'm starting to think you're an angry ex-girlfriend of Coach Keathley. You only post to rip him or the Miners. Did he hurt you? Do you need a hug?
  #3   IP: 68.117.4.90
Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Too many minor league basketball teams don't send out enough information. I'm certainly not going to rip on one that sends out a good amount of it. More power to them. You always have the option of not reading their releases.
  #4   IP: 69.145.158.148
Old 01-02-2008, 05:15 PM

Default nope

Do not need a hug, just a sense of professionalism when it comes to so called professional teams. The proof is in the pudding. Let me ask you this, do you ever, ever, ever see a NBDL team put out this type of release? No way. Do you ever see an NBA put out this type of release? No way. That should tell you something. Professionalism and standards is what I need not hugs or waste of time releases.
  #5   IP: 66.63.217.159
Old 01-02-2008, 05:27 PM

Could you by chance show us which release you're refering to?
  #6   IP: 64.83.197.72
Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 PM

Clearly one way is referring to this press release: //www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3575720 . I do agree 100% with what one way says though. Preeths, you are right in the fact that most minor league teams don't send out enough press releases. Having said that though, East Kentucky is not among this majority. There are certain things that are not worthy of writing a press release about and the fact that Josh Pace got nominated for player of the week is one of them.

Every team has one player per week that is submitted to the Commissioner's office as a candidate for Player of the Week. Now obviously if the player wins the weekly award, this would be worthy of writing a press release, but not the mere fact that he was in consideration for it. Like one way said, you never see any of the D League teams doing that.
  #7   IP: 68.228.163.249
Old 01-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Front Office ~ I agree with you. One Way might be right about this deal...but I feel the same way about jbirdmontana (does that mean "jailbird"?)...all he does is rip Coach Wedman and talk about Marlyn Bryant...even though the Explorers had their worst loss of the year after Bryant joined them. I think he needs a hug, too. And needs to actually get over his beef (or crush) with (on) Wedman and Bryant.
  #8   IP: 71.194.153.180
Old 01-02-2008, 07:33 PM

I agree it's not a necessary press release, but it's nothing get worked up over, geez.

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com
  #9   IP: 68.117.4.90
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavesrock View Post
I agree it's not a necessary press release, but it's nothing get worked up over, geez.
Yes, that's the bottom line.
  #10   IP: 66.63.214.104
Old 01-02-2008, 08:48 PM

One way, I seem to remember seeing a copy of the commercial Chris Bosh put out on Canadian TV, to get selected to the All-Star game, today on Sportscenter...

Not to mention to mention the campaign by Tim Duncan's camp and the Spurs to move him from Center to Forward so that Yao Ming wouldn't break his consecutive streak of All-Star starts.

I think we can all agree the gold standard for professionalism, on and off court, are the San Antonio Spurs

Do I think the press release was needed? Probably not, but honestly who cares. It in no way affects you and if thats the only thing you can think of to harp on then you need to find something better to do with your time or better yet stop being such an angry person.
Closed Thread