OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 68.111.232.18
Old 08-30-2007, 02:13 AM

Default The NIFL kills another franchise

After a personal best record in the NIFL it appears the Shockwave will fall into its own crack. The team will halt all operations for the 2008 season in any league. They have commited to come back in the 2009 season, With reasons as to no exsisting league close enough to the west coast it appears that the NIFL has swallowed up another team.
  #2   IP: 132.9.127.6
Old 08-30-2007, 04:40 PM

That is a real shame! You guys deserve better than what you got.
  #3   IP: 206.21.75.147
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to MarshalsFAN80 Send a message via Skype™ to MarshalsFAN80
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAces View Post
That is a real shame! You guys deserve better than what you got.
I have to believe that the owners of the San Diego franchise were NOT in the dark about the "STATE OF THE LEAGUE" when the season started. They made their bed...

I know it comes with the territory but, I just wish that the revolving door in minor league sports would stop turning.
  #4   IP: 67.135.64.206
Old 09-01-2007, 06:46 PM

Default To all Shockwave Fans

I feel sad that you have been played by the NIFL, CG, CS this way! I only hope that the year off will result in a real league for you the fans and reward your loyalty.
Remember our troops, jack and cheryl.
  #5   IP: 75.5.99.165
Old 09-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Thanks for the Support

Thanks for the support everyone. We will be back and be strong in 2009. Please continue to check our website during our break to get updates on what we are up to.

Thanks again!
  #6   IP: 75.5.99.165
Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 AM

Look out for us 2009!!!! Thanks to all of our fans
  #7   IP: 69.133.151.2
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 PM

Default PPppppppffffttttt

Yall ain't coming back....don't let the doorknob hit ya...Yall just punks and haters....Yall will do in '09 what you will in '08...Nothing screams "PLEASE SPONSOR US" like skipping seasons...LOFL
  #8   IP: 75.80.162.29
Old 09-22-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardnoize View Post
Yall ain't coming back....don't let the doorknob hit ya...Yall just punks and haters....Yall will do in '09 what you will in '08...Nothing screams "PLEASE SPONSOR US" like skipping seasons...LOFL
Funny- nothing screams hypocrite like a hater hating. Oh, and nothing screams "WE DON'T HAVE A BRAIN" by leaving a sham of a league (NIFL) just to go to one that is probably worse off (AIFA).

Didn't you ran away from the NIFL board with you tail between your legs a month or two ago?
  #9   IP: 74.215.35.59
Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to MarshalsFAN80 Send a message via Skype™ to MarshalsFAN80
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingAztec View Post
Funny- nothing screams hypocrite like a hater hating. Oh, and nothing screams "WE DON'T HAVE A BRAIN" by leaving a sham of a league (NIFL) just to go to one that is probably worse off (AIFA).

Didn't you ran away from the NIFL board with you tail between your legs a month or two ago?
While the AIFA isn't great there is NO WAY that you can say that it's worse than the NIFL!!! Cleveland Gary is clueless when it comes to running a a league. All the promises that he continued to make last year----- including multiple trips to Cincinnati with "investors". I put my knee high boots on and I still got covered in sh*t it was so deep!

The AIFA may not have a great business model but at least they are playing games and teams don't have to create their own championship game that doesn't include a PLAYOFF SYSTEM.

I know it comes with the territory but, I just wish that the revolving door in minor league sports would stop turning.
  #10   IP: 75.80.162.29
Old 09-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalsFAN80 View Post
While the AIFA isn't great there is NO WAY that you can say that it's worse than the NIFL!!! Cleveland Gary is clueless when it comes to running a a league. All the promises that he continued to make last year----- including multiple trips to Cincinnati with "investors". I put my knee high boots on and I still got covered in sh*t it was so deep!

The AIFA may not have a great business model but at least they are playing games and teams don't have to create their own championship game that doesn't include a PLAYOFF SYSTEM.
You know marshall, if you weren't a fellow Raiders fan, i might try to think up some sort of argument, but you are right- AIFA might not be worse, but I think we can safely say that it is well on its way to being just as bad. Definitely not a move up simply because it hasn't messed up its playoff yet. It is still setting itself up for the same problems and has good teams (e.g. Wyoming) so far away from everyone else that I wouldnt be surprised if they can't make a dime this year b/c of travel.