OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#21   IP: 70.251.192.223
Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurdlaw View Post
indoor fan,
You still have not answered me. Are you or are you not part of NIFL management?
I can assure you that I have no connection to the NIFL or any league, just a fan.

It's just a fact that San Diego has the best record of all the current NIFL teams. Get over it.
  #22   IP: 152.163.100.205
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoor fan View Post
I can assure you that I have no connection to the NIFL or any league, just a fan.

It's just a fact that San Diego has the best record of all the current NIFL teams. Get over it.

OK, San Diego has the best record in the NIFL, but to have the best record by default isn't really anything to be proud of.

That's nothing against SD, I've heard nothing but good things about the quality of their team, but being the best team in the league because you're the ONLY team in the league isn't that big of a deal.
  #23   IP: 70.251.192.223
Old 07-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
OK, San Diego has the best record in the NIFL, but to have the best record by default isn't really anything to be proud of.

That's nothing against SD, I've heard nothing but good things about the quality of their team, but being the best team in the league because you're the ONLY team in the league isn't that big of a deal.
OK, then why are you making a big deal about it. It's not for us to decide if San Diego will be proud of this title, if they win. Let the city of San Diego, or whoever wins the 2007 NIFL Championship, fans decide.
  #24   IP: 132.49.221.25
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM

Time out.

Indoor Fan, I recognize the historian's perspective you're trying to provide. It's just WAY too left-brained.

Cleveland Gary doesn't deserve the time of day, frankly. You might seek to tell the story of the end of the NIFL, and I must assert that the right-brained analysis must be a part of it... that the pirates were RIGHT to dump on the NIFL. It's too bad that one or two of the pirates caved for the sake of convenience. Then again, I'm the one asking for honor among pirates...
  #25   IP: 206.174.151.159
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 PM

San Diego vs a semipro squad does not a championship make. The Fayetteville/Wyoming game will be far more legitimate, for what it's worth.
  #26   IP: 70.251.192.223
Old 07-11-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIONEERSFAN101 View Post
San Diego vs a semipro squad does not a championship make. The Fayetteville/Wyoming game will be far more legitimate, for what it's worth.
I'm pretty sure that San Diego will play another NIFL team in the 2007 NIFL Indoor Bowl Championship.
  #27   IP: 152.163.100.205
Old 07-11-2007, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo13
Default You ask, I answer.

Quote:
OK, then why are you making a big deal about it. It's not for us to decide if San Diego will be proud of this title, if they win. Let the city of San Diego, or whoever wins the 2007 NIFL Championship, fans decide.
Here's why I'm making a big deal about it. What the NIFL has done to this sport is sickening. The league started out as a good thing, and has been reduced to a pathetic moneymaking scam by CS and CG. I want to see the NIFL die and go away forever, so legit leagues can have a chance at success.

I'm making a big deal about this because I don't want anybody to think that this "Championship" game, or anything else associated with this league can be taken seriously.
  #28   IP: 24.125.253.38
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that San Diego will play another NIFL team in the 2007 NIFL Indoor Bowl Championship.
They found one?
  #29   IP: 70.251.192.223
Old 07-11-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
Here's why I'm making a big deal about it. What the NIFL has done to this sport is sickening. The league started out as a good thing, and has been reduced to a pathetic moneymaking scam by CS and CG. I want to see the NIFL die and go away forever, so legit leagues can have a chance at success.

I'm making a big deal about this because I don't want anybody to think that this "Championship" game, or anything else associated with this league can be taken seriously.

Well Gonzo, unfortunatly there is nothing you can do to prevent the crowning of the 2007 NIFL Champions. This should take place in a couple of weeks in San Diego. Hopefully, the Shockwave can win the title. San Diego has suffered enough with what the Chargers have put them through. They need to bring a professional football championship to San Diego.
  #30   IP: 24.140.118.182
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

Then why are they trying to win a semi-professional (at best) league? San Diego's the only team that pays its players left in the league...think APFL circa 2003-4

There's probably a few other teams in that area that have won semi-professional championships; San Diego will just be the first one to win it indoors.