OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 71.243.169.74
Old 07-31-2008, 10:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to tbayz1
Default Silverados Update

http://www.themonitor.com/sports/sil...y_mcallen.html

Tuckman could be back?!?!
  #2   IP: 72.95.231.65
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 PM

I'm getting the feeling that the Silverados don't have money, aside from whatever they get from season ticket holders deposits for the upcoming season, to pay their $70,000 debt.
  #3   IP: 71.68.117.85
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM

Arrow

I know the CBA is desperate to hang on to teams, but there comes a point where you have to cut your losses. Its pretty simple really. The CBA needs to be firm with the Silverados -- 1.) decide on where you are playing (set a deadline), 2.) pay your debts or at least work out a plan with the city. If not, don't let the door hit you on the way out (go talk to Joe).

Secondly, I would not even entertain talking to Tuckman. The guy is a total conman. He talks a good game, but the proof is in the pudding. I'm sure he wants to somehow weazel his way back into the CBA and likely move the Explorers to Seattle now that the Sonics are leaving. I can't imagine him ever setting foot back in Montana after last years debacle -- I'm sure the locals would love to dress him up in a deer costume and take him for a walk in the woods.

The CBA's credibility on a scale of 1 to 10 -- is hovering at 0. The more the league panders to these incompetent owners the further it dips. The league just needs to cut their losses even if it means only having 4 teams -- I would have greater respect for the league.
  #4   IP: 72.95.231.65
Old 08-01-2008, 12:57 PM

I agree, Wellington. Maybe find new owners/better for the Montana teams, should they return.
I see where the Albany Patroons ticket sales have increased, good news! Instead of a limit of 500 now they need 1,000 tickets to be sold, which I think is more like it. It makes me want to renew my season ticket for the Xplosion now.
  #5   IP: 68.191.182.34
Old 08-01-2008, 04:13 PM

2008-2009 LINEUP
Truax counts the Silverados as one of eight teams expected to play in the CBA in the coming season. The other seven teams are: Lawton-Fort Sill (Okla.); Pittsburgh; Minot; Albany; East Kentucky; Butte; and Great Falls. Great Falls folded last season, but Truax said he and team owner Michael Tuckman are working on finalizing a deal to bring the Explorers back to the CBA next season.

Anyone want to make a bet on Great Falls and Butte returning?????????????????

No expansion teams??????????????????????????
  #6   IP: 71.243.169.74
Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to tbayz1

http://www.team4news.com/sports/video.aspx?id=169526

Looks like they may be off to Beaumont...
  #7   IP: 71.182.176.47
Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM

I wouldn't bet on that move, since they still owe MCC. All they have to do is pay it off and they can use it again. Moving won't solve anything.
  #8   IP: 70.112.28.248
Old 08-06-2008, 01:51 PM

I actually would bet on that move, mainly because I've been saying they'd move for almost a year now. I just got the city wrong. Beaumont makes some sense as it is closer to Dr. Jordan's home and businesses in Houston. That's a really big arena though -- D-League sized. At least there will be plenty of ABA opponents to play early in the season.

Maybe.
  #9   IP: 71.182.176.47
Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 PM

Either you're forgetting about their dept or your ignoring it, bdyer. Nothing can be done, with the Silverados, until it's paid off.
  #10   IP: 71.68.117.85
Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 AM

Arrow

The debt isn't going to stop the Silverados from moving. If anything, it will further induce them to leave. I very seriously doubt the league is going to stop the Silverados from relocating because of the debt. Is this right? No, but it happens quite often especially at the minor league level (this technique has been perfected by Michael Tuckman --> so we can probably say that McAllen is TUCKED. The Silverados have already burned a lot of bridges in the community, so it would be tough for them to stay anyway. Hopefully the city will get their money -- I'm sure the Silverados will continue to drag things out as long as possible.