OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 24.131.33.102
Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Titans Are Doing Thier Best

I am sure it is not any ones fault. They are a new team, like anything new it is a learning process. You need time to get it right and help from the fans and community to make it work. In Lakeland the team fights the arena and has not a lot of help from the fans. The media seldom covers us and we too have had woes to deal with. I for one believe that we all should band together as one group when it comes to other teams. Without these other teams we are playing with ourselves, figuratively and literally.
  #12   IP: 71.74.152.103
Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

Quote:
Originally Posted by big32 View Post
What do these guys running the league know about running a league?
They dont have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Andrew Haines.
Keep bring on teams guys that cant pay the players....
HEHE........
I'll wait and see what kinds of owners they bring in, since Tallahassee was yet another Haines project. And as it appears now, yet another Haines screw up. Oh well, at least Haines got yet another franchise fee from that team to blow on God Knows What.
  #13   IP: 68.1.91.87
Old 04-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TheHulk

I'm afraid Haines is not involved with the league anymore. If I remember correctly Mink and Morris are the men behind the new AIFA. Haines formed the AIFL. Also, if you'd read the Tallahassee paper the Civic Center is returning the deposit to the team to help finish the season while the team develops new ways to increase revenue streams. www.tallahassee.com if you want accurate information. The Civic Center holds close to 11,000 people and the team has been averaging really good crowds. The team is 6-1 and playing well. If you read any of the newspaper articles you'd understand that. But, I guess reading is not your strong suit.

This is what kills me about this board. As much as I like it, there are people that are quick to pile on. Yes, most of it is warrented and I am guilty of some of it as well, but a little simple reading might change opinions.

Last edited by TheHulk; 04-10-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Yes, the AIFA and AIFL are the same entity.
  #14   IP: 130.101.127.179
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

The AIFA is the AIFL, and all but a couple of the teams are from the AIFL. Haines brought these jokes in, and the AIFA is dealing with them now.

Tallahassee IS another Haines project...I believe it was his last (for now). The AIFA now needs to prove it won't make the same mistakes.
  #15   IP: 68.1.91.87
Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit322 View Post
The AIFA is the AIFL, and all but a couple of the teams are from the AIFL. Haines brought these jokes in, and the AIFA is dealing with them now.

Tallahassee IS another Haines project...I believe it was his last (for now). The AIFA now needs to prove it won't make the same mistakes.
Well even if it is; I wouldn't tell that to the people of Tallahassee. I've never seen a community react like this to one of their teams publicly admitted to running out of money. The Tallahassee Democrat, the fans, the Civic Center are all working together to help the team out. I know for a fact that none of these things happened when the ECHL Tiger Sharks, EISL Scorpions, WHA2/ACHL Tides tried to stay or set up shop. What is says to me is that everyone involved want to have the Titans around for a long time.
  #16   IP: 75.44.42.46
Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Well even if it is; I wouldn't tell that to the people of Tallahassee. I've never seen a community react like this to one of their teams publicly admitted to running out of money. The Tallahassee Democrat, the fans, the Civic Center are all working together to help the team out. I know for a fact that none of these things happened when the ECHL Tiger Sharks, EISL Scorpions, WHA2/ACHL Tides tried to stay or set up shop. What is says to me is that everyone involved want to have the Titans around for a long time.
You got it!

Looks like they will finish the season now...But how long will they be around after that? We'll see...

I think the fans are trying to help because the owner is an honest man (unlike most others). He admitted that he made some mistakes, and actually reached out to the community. I think that's what makes the difference.

Last edited by Minor League Man; 04-11-2007 at 01:40 PM.
  #17   IP: 205.188.116.204
Old 04-11-2007, 01:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo13

Do the Titans have any other options for an arena?
  #18   IP: 68.1.91.87
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
Nope, unless they go one hour west into Alabama and the Dothan Civic Center. lol It's the Leon County Civic Center or nothing.
  #19   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Cool Why would they want to switch arenas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
They are averaging 5,000 fans or so.
Plus, the arena gave them a large chunk of their deposit back to bail them out. Why would they want to leave that even if they had other options.
  #20   IP: 65.218.57.142
Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
By contrast Roberts Stadium in Evansville cost about $3500 with everything included.
You could not be more wrong if you tried... try approx 3X that amount for everything.