OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 24.98.160.167
Old 04-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Nifl

TO Hulk and Unlogged, no I'm not an NIFL rep. and no I don't think the NIFL is perfect. I do think you two BUMS are {Removed by admin} couch potatoes with no true knowledge and certainly no experience in any SEMI or PRO playing experience. For you two, {Removed by admin}, I have no dealins with the NIFL or any league for that matter. As far as education, I probably have more education than both of you scrubs put together. So to both of you online reporters, trying stapping up and stepping on a field then talk.......

Last edited by preeths; 04-02-2007 at 01:23 PM.
  #12   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 04-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Thumbs down Well, at least your post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL View Post
TO Hulk and Unlogged, no I'm not an NIFL rep. and no I don't think the NIFL is perfect. I do think you two BUMS are {Removed by admin} couch potatoes with no true knowledge and certainly no experience in any SEMI or PRO playing experience. For you two, {Removed by admin}, I have no dealins with the NIFL or any league for that matter. As far as education, I probably have more education than both of you scrubs put together. So to both of you online reporters, trying stapping up and stepping on a field then talk.......
... is growing with all this jibberish.

Last edited by preeths; 04-02-2007 at 01:23 PM.
  #13   IP: 71.74.152.103
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

The NIFL really isn't known for having any outside dealings with anyone. And right now, the league isn't (even close to being) known for being a professional indoor football league. Sad, but it's true. The NIFL was once the premier, by far, league. I do think that when Tina Johnson unexpectedly passed away, Shiver didn't have any controls over her, and she's pretty easily proven she's not capable of running a good league.
  #14   IP: 71.86.200.154
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Man, you really to need to develop a thicker skin if you're going to post on message boards. Lighten up and tell us why you disagree with their assessment rather than insulting them for disagreeing with you.
  #15   IP: 24.155.128.3
Old 04-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:

I agree with Paul. I have always liked the NIFL. But there is obviously something wrong when most of the solid teams have left. The problem I have is with the seemingly "made up" teams they created. This is even bad at the semi pro level. If they only had 7 or 8 solid teams, then just go with that. Nothing wrong with a semi pro team filling in schedules here and there, but don't try and con the public.

ATL should not be upset with the MB posters, he should be upset with the NIFL.
  #16   IP: 64.12.116.201
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo13

Quote:
People can't have an educated argument because they have never played on a semi-pro/pro level?

What a bunch of crap. Anyone can become versed on any topic that they are willing to research. It may be a different perspective, but informed none the less. If you don't believe me, look at Charlie Wiess. You know him, he's got two Superbowl rings as OC of the New England Patriots, and is the head football coach at Notre Dame. He never even played college football.

ATL, you made a mistake at the top of this post, and it would have been no big deal if you had just said "my bad". Everyone would have just moved on and chalked it up to a first post mistake. But instead you insisted on flaming a bunch of people, and you've made yourself look quite foolish.

There are some former Rome Renegades on that Atlanta team, and I wish them the best.....But you're not doing anyone any good.

Last edited by gonzo13; 04-02-2007 at 01:58 PM.
  #17   IP: 63.230.3.187
Old 04-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
People can't have an educated argument because they have never played on a semi-pro/pro level?

What a bunch of crap. Anyone can become versed on any topic that they are willing to research. It may be a different perspective, but informed none the less. If you don't believe me, look at Charlie Wiess. You know him, he's got two Superbowl rings as OC of the New England Patriots, and is the head football coach at Notre Dame. He never even played college football.

ATL, you made a mistake at the top of this post, and it would have been no big deal if you had just said "my bad". Everyone would have just moved on and chalked it up to a first post mistake. But instead you insisted on flaming a bunch of people, and you've made yourself look quite foolish.

There are some former Rome Renegades on that Atlanta team, and I wish them the best.....But you're not doing anyone any good.
Gonzo - Well said. I think ATL just needs a valium or two. I am not worried about his insults because I have stepped onto enough fields as a player and coach and been in enough classrooms to feel fully comfortable with who I am. Uninformed people hurl insults rather than provide facts and information when asked for them. It would be nice to hear some actual info about the Atlanta team.

UNLogger
Aaron
  #18   IP: 66.245.132.218
Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preeths View Post
tell us why you disagree with their assessment rather than insulting them for disagreeing with you.
maybe his major was `malepig 101' while getting
that education he claims to have.

http://goifl.com

Last edited by cRUSHer; 04-02-2007 at 02:45 PM.
  #19   IP: 147.9.180.226
Old 04-02-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
My Apology To Poineerfan101! To Sykotyk, Thank You For Pointing That Out To Me, But I Didn't Ask You What You Thought Of It. Great Or Not! To Be Honest With You Guys, I'm Not Here To Make Friends Or Joke Around With You Bs Critic Guys. I'm Here For One Purpose Only.
Insult others?

(There I go "hatin" again.)
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #20   IP: 68.1.91.87
Old 04-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TheHulk
Default Education?

Well, be that as it may, I do have an education but I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with someone who claims to have an education, but types like he didn't pass the 4th grade. I'm not "hatin'" "playa", but you need to take a look at how you are making yourself come across.

Anyway, I have had experience running a semi-professional football team here in this part of Florida. Yes, it was hard and the first year was difficult. I have since passed the team on to another owner. The team has survived and is still playing in the NAFL, albeit with a different name ( www.fwbfalcons.com ). So I have some experience with this matter. Education aside, I feel like I have a right to ridicule because I was a football team owner.

Again, not having a thick skin is your downfall my friend. It's witty banter on a message board. This board is not supposed to be a bastardized version of "Wild-N-Out" (or whatever the name of it is).

So can we just forget it and move on or shall we continue. The choice is yours.

Last edited by TheHulk; 04-02-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: I forgot a sentence.