OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM
sportsguy12 sportsguy12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 654
Cool Fort Wayne could join D-League lineup

Fort Wayne could be in the loop. Looks like former Fury owner is involved.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...s/16907976.htm
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 PM
sportsguy12 sportsguy12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 654
Cool Midwestern pocket

would be nice addition. The Fort Wayne franchise would join:

NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Eastern Division
Iowa*
Dakota
Sioux Falls
LaCrosse*
Fort Wayne*

Midwest Division
Fort Worth
RGV*
Tulsa
Austin
Arkansas

AMERICAN CONFERENCE
Northwest Division
Idaho
Colorado
Utah*
Reno*

Western Division
Los Angeles
Albuquerque
Anaheim
Bakersfield
*???? one more for an even 20?

*expansion teams

If they were aggressive, I could see them adding Rochester, NY; New York, Trenton and Boston, but I think they will wait another year on an Atlantic Division pocket. The Newark arena opens in 09 and I think they also wind up there.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
sportsguy12 sportsguy12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 654
Cool I'm sure there are other candidates

if the league wants to get to 30 teams:
- Rapid City
- Upper Marlboro
- Norfolk
- Florida may make a return.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 209.159.223.188
Old 03-16-2007, 01:41 AM
jjbballfan jjbballfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 288
Default

I will agree Rapid City should be considered-- watched high school games there tonight.. great atmosphere
Others I've thought of.
Yakima/Vancuver/Olympia
Reno-- (might already have one on the way)
Chico
Cheyenne/Casper
Kearny/Omaha/Lincoln
Fargo-Morehead
Rochester, MN
Topeka/Dodge City
Oklahoma City
Springfield, Illinois
St. Joseph Missouri

Just throwing out some cities that I think would fit with minor league sports, I don't know if there are arenas in these areas able of hosting just throwing some names out.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 AM
sportsguy12 sportsguy12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 654
Cool Smaller markets didn't always work in the D-League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbballfan View Post
I will agree Rapid City should be considered-- watched high school games there tonight.. great atmosphere
Others I've thought of.
Yakima/Vancuver/Olympia
Reno-- (might already have one on the way)
Chico
Cheyenne/Casper
Kearny/Omaha/Lincoln
Fargo-Morehead
Rochester, MN
Topeka/Dodge City
Oklahoma City
Springfield, Illinois
St. Joseph Missouri

Just throwing out some cities that I think would fit with minor league sports, I don't know if there are arenas in these areas able of hosting just throwing some names out.
I think Chico on down on your list are a bit small, with the exception of OKC. I think they might land a team after the Hornets return full-time to NO. St. Joseph didn't support USBL.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 216.221.96.202
Old 03-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Cazzzmo Cazzzmo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 100
Default too small?

Fargo-Moorhead is about twice the size of Bismarck-Mandan . . . and Dakota seems to do okay in the D-League. The problem is that NDSU in Fargo recently went D-1 across the board and enjoyed some success in hoops this year . . . they are the 'show' in that town while in Bis-Man the Wizards are a much 'bigger deal'. There's a lot of disposable income in Rochester MN and a pretty good population. Close enough to Mpls-StPl to get some press now and then too. I'm surprised that a minor-league hoop team hasn't stuck in Rochester. Just a few observations.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
sportsguy12 sportsguy12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 654
Cool Rochester, MN is getting an ABA team ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzzmo View Post
Fargo-Moorhead is about twice the size of Bismarck-Mandan . . . and Dakota seems to do okay in the D-League. The problem is that NDSU in Fargo recently went D-1 across the board and enjoyed some success in hoops this year . . . they are the 'show' in that town while in Bis-Man the Wizards are a much 'bigger deal'. There's a lot of disposable income in Rochester MN and a pretty good population. Close enough to Mpls-StPl to get some press now and then too. I'm surprised that a minor-league hoop team hasn't stuck in Rochester. Just a few observations.
but that won't really be a good test. I know the had a CBA team a while back, which didn't last.

The F-M Beez apparently drew well, but I'm thinking the league will like RC.
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 71.162.128.215
Old 03-24-2007, 10:35 PM
sportsguy12 sportsguy12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 654
Cool any updates on FW?

anyone hear anything
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 208.107.183.100
Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM
USBasket_EricE's Avatar
USBasket_EricE USBasket_EricE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy12 View Post
The F-M Beez apparently drew well, but I'm thinking the league will like RC.
The Beez folded due to "not so sweet attendance" according to an article in the Bismarck Tribune back in 2002 (I have the article but I'm not typing the whole thing). I'm sure it is due to NDSU sports and possibly the fact that the Minnesota Timberwolves are only 3 hours away.
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 209.159.223.188
Old 03-25-2007, 11:13 PM
jjbballfan jjbballfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 288
Default

I'm really disapointed this year with there web-site and expansion, last season they posted rumors of cities and kept everybody informed, this season they had a thing about Des Mois for maybe a week and I don't even know if they mentioned the other teams..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


                       
                                                   
                                                                                             
                           

Hapening ImgHappening Now