OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#41   IP: 72.95.231.239
Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Connections

I've been to almost all of the Xplosion home games and I've met a few of the players, as well as the head coach(s) and some of the office personnel. My passion for the X goes all the way back to when the Piranhas of 1995, who only lasted one season here, but they drew interest from fans and even drew a live report one of of our tv stations, prior to one of their Championship games. But they lost out to Yakama in the title series and their owner took them from us.
I would love to see the Xplosion do as well as they did. It surprises me that some of you look at the X record after ONLY 1 season and have them dead already!! Not even giving us a chance!! I'm sure that if your teams had the same record(as we do) you would be more forgiving.
I'm a strong believer in the Xplosion and I'll always be attending their games and promoting them. They are selling for next year so I know they will be back. If anything happened to the Xplosion(heaven forbid) you would not see me back here. In addition, it would be another question mark for the league, which some had burried before this season started.
So what if we have as many wins as Utah had?? What does that prove?? We are still here and we will be back which is why I am going to renew my season tickets at the conclsion of the X season.
  #42   IP: 68.249.111.101
Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Don't give up

Hang in there Psbf. If every team had a few more fans like you the CBA would be a much beter off than it is and the ABA wouldn't be the total disaster it is. I admire your passion for the X. It's loyal fans like you that keep minor league sports going. I feel the same way about the AlleyCats but judging from the crowds at Mellon and at the Wigwam I'm afraid we might be all alone out here. I do all I can to promote the Cats here but as far as the local media here is concerned if it's not the Pacers or Colts it doesn't exist.I hope we are both watching our favorite team next year but I am a liitle concerned at least here in Anderson.
  #43   IP: 66.218.23.37
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Default How bad is it..

..what we hear of Anderson is like 30 people a game.

The local paper would rather cover girl's HS basketball, which doesn't help at all.

What are the crowds there?
  #44   IP: 68.249.111.101
Old 03-07-2007, 07:58 PM

Don't know for sure. My schedual dosn't allow me to go to every game. I've not been to a week night game but the games I've been to there could not have been more than 250 or so. It's to bad because they are pretty talented and a fun team to watch.
  #45   IP: 68.77.37.144
Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbf View Post
I would love to see the Xplosion do as well as they did. It surprises me that some of you look at the X record after ONLY 1 season and have them dead already!! Not even giving us a chance!!
I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't even know what the Xplosion's record is. I'm looking at the fact they haven't been able to draw flies in two seasons.

Quote:
I'm sure that if your teams had the same record(as we do) you would be more forgiving.
Again, uh, no. If my team wasn't drawing flies, I'd be expecting them to be on the way out, too.

Quote:
They are selling for next year so I know they will be back.
Because, God knows, no team has ever folded after starting to sell for next season. Next thing you know, you'll tell me that the All-Star Game is always locked in once it's been promised to a city.

Quote:
If anything happened to the Xplosion(heaven forbid) you would not see me back here.
Promise? Do you promise?

Hey, a few teams just missed out on their chance to get into the CBA Playoffs this year because they had to change the format because of a lack of arena dates. Don't you think that's kind of a bigger deal than the All-Star Game?
  #46   IP: 72.95.231.239
Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Hopefull

Thankyou, Indy, I appreciate your kind words. I'm sorry to see about Indiana. Hopefully fans will start noticing how good they are as well. I know you will do what you can to help.
The papers give small mention of the Xplosion results and sometimes certain stations give a mention as well. I sent an email to one of the local reporters here to update him on the X progress, so I'm hoping(but not counting on) that he will have another article on them. I'm also hoping to go to a Pens game and bring more attention to the X.
  #47   IP: 75.34.184.255
Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM

Default The comparison is making more and more sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchess View Post
That comparison is ridiculous.

Yeah, the CBA has had some hard times, but moving an All-Star Game almost a year in advance to the longest-running and most successful franchise in the league doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

It's a lot different than franchises that don't show up to games, fold and return later in the season, and the like.
The CBA had a team fold during the season and now this:
//www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3434482

The playoffs have been reduced to just the finals and forget the postponed February 15th Pittsburgh/Albany game--just give each team 3.5 quarter points and call it a day. Why couldn't the game be switched to Albany? Albany owns their arena and should have more flexibility with dates. Unjustifiable additional travel expenses for the Xplosion? Probably so. Unjustifiable additional operating expenses for the Patroons? Probably so. Well, limited arena dates and rushing into a season go hand-in-hand.

On the Indiana Alley Cats:
I haven't seen an Anderson newspaper, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the Alley Cats would get press coverage if they marketed and bought ad space in the newspaper. One hand washes the other.

Also on the Alley Cats:
This team has also been around for two years. This team has been winning for two years. The fans have been staying away in droves for two years and will continue to do so...Can you even buy a beer at an Alley Cats game?