OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

View Poll Results: Where will the Wizards finish in the East?
1st 1 25.00%
2nd 3 75.00%
3rd 0 0%
4th 0 0%
5th 0 0%
6th 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

#501   IP: 206.176.35.1
Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mzracing76 Send a message via MSN to mzracing76 Send a message via Yahoo to mzracing76

Where do you find the NBDL Attendance...i know sioux falls skyforce avg 3824 fans per game, where do i find the rankings?
  #502   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Where do you find the NBDL Attendance...i know sioux falls skyforce avg 3824 fans per game, where do i find the rankings?
its under the attendance thread.....
  #503   IP: 205.188.117.66
Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaWiz View Post
It's better to have a cohesive team than a team full of talent in the D-League. Last year, we weren't very talented, but we played well as a team. This year, we've got 3 guys that thought they would head to the NBA in Powell, Benson, and Jefferson, and you can tell on the court that they're playing for themselves... It's bad right now for Wizards fans, though I don't agree that the Force will be in the championship..
I am glad someone else sees this point. I feel that most times sitting at the game that team ball isn't on these three players priority list. If we don't play as a team we lose.
  #504   IP: 76.248.11.171
Old 03-02-2008, 09:18 PM

Blake had 35 today - being new to this, is there much chance he'll get any attention? Just a guess, but I'd expect that he'd need another year of stellar performances. Thoughts?
  #505   IP: 96.3.172.42
Old 03-02-2008, 09:52 PM

I would say he's got a chance...

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Call-up-Candidates

If you look at that, he's 9th of 10 for most likely to get called up.
  #506   IP: 96.3.147.5
Old 03-02-2008, 09:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to DakotaWizardsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarch View Post
Blake had 35 today - being new to this, is there much chance he'll get any attention? Just a guess, but I'd expect that he'd need another year of stellar performances. Thoughts?
Well, he's catching a bit of attention. Ticknor said on Wizards Watch a few weeks back that he should have a Summer League spot locked up. Blake's got some things to work on for sure, but he's definitely got a chance to make it one day if he can transition to PG.

Blake had two costly turnovers down the stretch, but luckily we were still able to pull it out. And Perrin.. ah.. he almost lost the game for us.

And does anyone know what was up with that Tony Gipson ejection? That whole thing was just plain dumb. What did he actually do?
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!
  #507   IP: 96.3.147.5
Old 03-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Looks like the stupid D-League screwed us again. We just moved up to #2 in the player pool order thing, but as of tomorrow, we drop back to the bottom. What kind of league switches their rules (TWICE!) during the season? That's kind of sounding ABA-ish. This is the D-League, not the ABA! Come on!

But on a much more positive note, it was nice to see Renaldo back. But hopefully he'll be back in uniform soon. I miss seeing him out there.

#508   IP: 96.3.64.215
Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 AM

Was that on Wizards Watch tonight? I forgot to watch it. I even forgot to check the score to tonight's game until later this evening. Glad they won.

They'll drop to the bottom of the player pool? How the hell do they figure that? The Wizards just lost Dontell and haven't had any help from the NBA. They should remain way up there until they sign someone. I wish the league would post a rule book on their web site so everyone can see how often they bend their rules.
  #509   IP: 96.3.172.42
Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Renaldo's more than likely not playing this season. Also, the league didn't change the rule again. It's the same rule, they just re-seed the teams periodically. We will be seeded 8th.
  #510   IP: 96.3.147.5
Old 03-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Okay, I guess I understood Ticknor wrong on Wizards Watch because he sure made it sound like the rule was being switched again and that we moved to the very bottom. But it's still stupid that they re-seed the teams like this and that we're only 8th when we just lost Dontell. I wonder what kind of player we'll actually be able to pick up. At least Tony was a pretty good acquisition, but will we be able to pick up something that good again from such a low position in the player pool?

And yeah, the Tribune made it clear that Renaldo probably won't be back this year, but it's not completely out yet. Too bad. Like I said, I'd love to see him back on the court again. Well, wouldn't we all?