OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

View Poll Results: Where will the Wizards finish in the East?
1st 1 25.00%
2nd 3 75.00%
3rd 0 0%
4th 0 0%
5th 0 0%
6th 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

#101   IP: 208.107.183.100
Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 PM

I have a feeling that Rod Benson's jersey will be one of the higher sellers since he's wearing Gilbert Arenas' #0. I have no intention in buying one though. Those jerseys will probably sell at around $100 or higher if there are going to be serious bidders. I have one game-worn jersey -- Chris Porter's green road uniform from 2004-2005 (thanks to Coach Brian Walsh). As much as I'd like another, I don't think it's going to happen. But that's ok with me. It's great that the NBA and D-League partnered up to do this. I'm sure it's something that the players will never forget either, getting to wear an NBA uniform with their name on it.

I might stay after tonight to finally meet the team and get some 'graphs, since there's a good chance that they'll all be there. I'm also going to try and catch Curtis Stinson and Ndudi Ebi before the game.
  #102   IP: 208.107.183.100
Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 PM

Standings
DAK: 30-16, 4 games left
SFS: 28-19, 3 games left
FTW: 27-20, 3 games left

Worst possible outcome
SFS: 31-19 (beats Fort Worth twice and and Dakota once)
DAK: 30-20 (loses to Sioux Falls and Arkansas, and Austin twice)
FTW: 28-22 (beats Austin, loses to Sioux Falls twice)

Barely sqeezing by outcome
DAK: 31-19 (wins one game, doesn't matter which one)
SFS: 30-20 (wins two games)
FTW: 28-22 (wins against Austin)

I'm not even going to bother with the Western Conference. That's getting too complicated! The Wizards are in the perfect position right now! Just one more win and I believe it's sealed in the East. But tomorrow night's game is still important. If Sioux Falls wins, it ties them with the Wizards in the season series and say the Wizards have the same record as the Force at the end, I think first place would go to the team that has the better record against the better half of the D-League teams. Ok, I'm going to rest now and think it all through again!

I've been editing this post a lot because I keep finding mistakes.

Last edited by USBasket_EricE; 04-06-2007 at 10:11 PM.
  #103   IP: 24.111.53.41
Old 04-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to DakotaWizardsFan

Idaho is the best team in the league if they beat Colorado tonight and if not, we are. I'm not quite sure how the West stacks up though since more teams are fighting for that. I know that Idaho is guaranteed at least the 2 seed.

I'm so glad that Mo Baker seems to be returning to old form now. We need him to do that more than ever and he certainly hasn't disappointed.

I'm liking that SF and FW finish the season playing each other. That should really help our case.

And best possible scenario:
DAK: 34-16
FW: 29-21
SF: 28-22
(I'd rather end up playing Fort Worth in the East Finals.)
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!
  #104   IP: 24.111.53.41
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 PM

We've clinched a home game! And the magic number to clinch the division is 1!

And good news tonight from Colorado, Idaho lost!

And more good news coming from Sacramento:
In the 3rd quarter, Justin Williams has:
13:29 Minutes
4-4 FG
3 Off, 1 Def Rebound
2 Blocks
8 Points
Also 2 fouls and 2 turnovers though.

#105   IP: 208.107.183.100
Old 04-06-2007, 10:42 PM

IDA: 30-17, 3 games left
COL: 28-19, 3 games left

What needs to happen
April 7: Colorado beats Idaho (29-19, 30-18 respectively)
April 13: Albuquerque beats Colorado, Tulsa beats Idaho
April 14: Los Angeles beats Idaho, Bakersfield beats Colorado

Too many possiblities to break it down with both conferences, but the above scenario is what I'm hoping for.

By the way, awesome job tonight Wizards! That was a fun game to attend. It was even more exciting when the PA announcer was updating the crowd on the ARK/SFS game. I didn't win a jersey though. Ticket #049321 just wasn't a lucky one. But I did catch Curtis Stinson before the game with a rookie card! He's really improved since we last saw him.

Also...
Awesome job RimRockers!
Awesome job 14ers!
  #106   IP: 24.111.53.41
Old 04-06-2007, 10:48 PM

I had six tickets and none of their numbers were even close.

And yeah,
Thanks for the good games RimRockers and 14ers!
Now go Wizards, 14ers, Thunderbirds, 66ers, D-Fenders, and Jam!
And that would be almost the entire league except for Idaho, SF, and FW. (Okay, Toros, Arsenal, and RimRockers too. But I don't want the Toros or RimRockers to beat us.)

Update on Justin: 10 Points, 7 Boards and a quarter left to get a double-double
GO JUSTIN!

#107   IP: 24.111.53.41
Old 04-07-2007, 02:17 PM

I've got tons of things to do before tonight's game so I'll make this a quick question and not answer it yet:

What do you all think of the Washington Wizards jerseys? Some people think they are hideous and some think they are really cool. What's your opinion?

#108   IP: 208.107.183.100
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 PM

I like the gold jerseys. I don't mind them at all. I just wish they would have had the players' names on them.

And about tonight's game, those ****CENSORED****ing REFS!!! Call everything they possibly could on the Wizards when they had that 10 point lead. If their mission was to get it down to the wire, it was successful. And then to not call anything at the end of the game when there was an obvious foul? If I had had one of those Easter eggs in my hand at the time, I have a feeling it would have had a date with the back of their heads.

The Wizards missed a lot of free throws too, which didn't help anything. And although he had 17 points and 8 rebounds, Quemont Greer is not the guy to go to in an "under pressure" situation. They should have taken him out and had someone else in. And they never should have let Blalock get that last shot off either.

They say not to blame the game on the refs, but in this case I am. There were more stupid @ss calls tonight than screw-ups. I'm still furious about it if anyone can tell. Well, hopefully Tuesday's game goes well. I'd consider it a must-win since it can be difficult to win on the road.
  #109   IP: 24.111.53.41
Old 04-07-2007, 10:16 PM

I really love the gold jerseys and so does Ro. We both think that they are some of the coolest jerseys, if not the coolest.

I was going to say something about the ref in the same way. I would've needed to censor what I typed. And Ro and I had 9 eggs we could have given you.

That should've been Renaldo's shot at the end. Renaldo is the Mr. Clutch, go-to guy, 4th quarter hero, etc. I personally think that Q might have gotten fouled, but still. Great job at drawing up that play Joerger, yep.

I was practically yelling out loud after the game saying how I felt and I'm still in an absolutely horrible mood. The refs stole the #1 seed from us (at least for the time being).

Now Sioux Falls needs to get their butts kicked by the Flyers. Come on Pops!!!

And go Wizards too of course! Especially Renaldo!

And I'm almost too mad to say this, but Ro and I got Stevie Graham's autograph on a basketball card. The easy way to catch them is to wait down by the Wizards tunnel and wait until the players head to the locker room.

#110   IP: 208.107.89.125
Old 04-07-2007, 10:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mzracing76 Send a message via MSN to mzracing76 Send a message via Yahoo to mzracing76

I love reading your posts. you all remind me of my early years as a Skyforce fan (1989-1999). I am not so attached to the skyforce as in years past, but i still follow them. I was happy that Mo McHone came back to the team, cause that brings back memories of our Glory Years.

But my question is: Did any of you attend the "Play In Tournament" that Bismark held during the 1993-94 CBA Season? Teams who played in that tourney were: Rochester Renegades (Coached by Bill Musselman), Sioux Falls Skyforce (Roger Lyons), Yakima Sun Kings (Mo McHone), Rockford Lightning (Mauro Pannagio), and i cant remember the other teams.

That tournament was meant to find out if Bismark could support a CBA team. I guess we all know the answer.

and my last question, why is your attendance so low this year? (2800 or so). I always thought you guys averaged more than that, especially since Dave Jeoger is back as coach.

and what would it mean to Bismark of the Minot Skyrockets were a NBDL team, and Rapid City had a NBDL team for the Skyforce?

MZ