OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 68.226.85.239
Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 PM

Very True Pounder. If you wanted to place a team in Agana Guam, Mongolia or the McMurdo Research Station in Antarticam, well, MISL will let you............ provided you pony up the expansion fee.
  #12   IP: 70.91.15.145
Old 06-18-2007, 08:39 PM

What about the NY Arrows. Didn't they dominate the league in the 1980's with Steve Zungal. Wouldn't the metroplitan area be a good market. The meadowlands is available with the Devils and Nets leaving for other arenas.

Last edited by RevolutionX; 06-18-2007 at 10:45 PM.
  #13   IP: 132.49.221.25
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM

There's a new team entering the new arena in Newark with the Devils.

I think that ship has sailed, however.
  #14   IP: 216.116.252.50
Old 06-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
Kansas City Comets in the new Sprint Center.

I would like to see the MISL return to some of its former cities such as Cleveland, Wichita, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Monterrey, Edmonton, Montreal and maybe some cities they havent been to such as Salt Lake City, Seattle, Green Bay, Houston, Calgary. I want to see more teams out west. the California Cougars are lonely out west.
The Comets have already said they can't afford the Spirit Center. They were hoping for a new arena in either Overland Park or Olathe, both of which fell through (and would be open by now if not for CAVE, Citizens Against Virtually Everything). They are now hoping for a new arena in either Independence or Belton, which ICC-Global is looking to build.

The Wichita Thunder GM was quoted the other day (I think in the Wichita Eagle, but I don't have a link) that the Thunder ownership group was looking at bringing back the Wings when the new downtown building opens, if it ever opens. (The Wichita Chapter of CAVE keeps demanding a revote on the arena.)
  #15   IP: 162.99.30.50
Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM

Let me ask you this - what future cities do you think deserve to be in the MISL?

I'll give you a couple:

Seattle (or Tacoma)
Anaheim
Phoenix
Denver
Pittsburgh
Columbus (OH)
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Nashville
Memphis
Charlotte
Buffalo

That's my guess.

FAN OF TAMPA BAY STORM SINCE 1991
  #16   IP: 163.120.78.253
Old 04-22-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk174md View Post
Let me ask you this - what future cities do you think deserve to be in the MISL?

I'll give you a couple:

Seattle (or Tacoma)
Anaheim
Phoenix
Denver
Pittsburgh
Columbus (OH)
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Nashville
Memphis
Charlotte
Buffalo

That's my guess.
That's more than a couple, man...and probably unsustainable given the apparent relative demand for indoor soccer today.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #17   IP: 132.49.221.25
Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107