OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 204.56.132.90
Old 09-23-2006, 05:15 PM

Default any expansion news?

i see to my chagrin MISL teams are dropping out pretty fast and furious right now before the season begins...
what became of the supposed ORLANDO franchise, and the NEW JERSEY franchise, both of which were going to begin operations this upcoming season?
  #2   IP: 68.228.31.65
Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Geoff Send a message via MSN to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff

Orlando is releasing it's name soon. The schedule is supposed to be released is going to be announced tomorrow (Monday the 25th). If Orlando comes to life it will be on the sched.
  #3   IP: 66.215.203.76
Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 PM

Exclamation geoff...

orlando will b playing in the 2007-08 season
  #4   IP: 67.142.130.31
Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 PM

How about the MISL in Green Bay

1. The Resch Center can hold 8,000 people and supports Hockey and Arena Football very well

2. Make great rivals with Milwaukee, Detroit, Chicago, and St.Louis

3. People would support it here in Green Bay!
  #5   IP: 147.9.180.226
Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM

Isn't St. Louis dead?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #6   IP: 66.82.9.69
Old 01-28-2007, 09:12 AM

No, they will be back for the 2007-2008 Season
  #7   IP: 199.6.48.69
Old 01-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Newark is joining as soon as the new Prudential Center opens, and Orlando is supposed to be joining next season as well as hopefully a return of the St. Louis Steamers and the Kansas City Comets in the new Sprint Center.

I would like to see the MISL return to some of its former cities such as Cleveland, Wichita, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Monterrey, Edmonton, Montreal and maybe some cities they havent been to such as Salt Lake City, Seattle, Green Bay, Houston, Calgary. I want to see more teams out west. the California Cougars are lonely out west.
  #8   IP: 70.116.29.91
Old 05-06-2007, 08:37 AM

hmm how about Austin, TX??
and seriously this expansion is a joke they're expanding to all these cities but don't even have proper coverage

how about a 16 team 2 conference league? East/West conf. with 4 divisions (Atlantic, Central, Midwest, Pacific) it would make good for proximity purposes . . .

is it REALLY that hard or are good ideas often ignored

for the sake of the league . . . PLEASE!

I wonder whose going to justify the way this league is going
  #9   IP: 71.17.132.12
Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
Newark is joining as soon as the new Prudential Center opens, and Orlando is supposed to be joining next season as well as hopefully a return of the St. Louis Steamers and the Kansas City Comets in the new Sprint Center.

I would like to see the MISL return to some of its former cities such as Cleveland, Wichita, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Monterrey, Edmonton, Montreal and maybe some cities they havent been to such as Salt Lake City, Seattle, Green Bay, Houston, Calgary. I want to see more teams out west. the California Cougars are lonely out west.
I highly doubt Edmonton and Calgary will be back in the MISL. With the formation of the CMISL and the partnership between the league and those cities' youth soccer associations, I doubt the MISL would be easily able to come back into those two. The only way I see this happening is if the MISL merges with the CMISL.

As an aside, hypothetically, if the MISL wanted a team in Western Canada, based on the attendance of the CMISL Showcase Series, I'd say Winnipeg would be the best bet with around 7,000 attending those games.
  #10   IP: 132.49.221.25
Old 05-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Mr. Zion, (apologies if I got that wrong)

If you have enough money, MISL will sell you a franchise.

If nobody shows up to buy a franchise for your market, there's no team in your market.

The MISL does not place teams. They're a beggar. They have to wait for people with money.