OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 209.192.4.209
Old 09-01-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Where is the AIFL today ?

I read that it was down to the WIFL and AIFL for a franchise in Greenville. The article which was pointed out to me by a representative from another franchise, never mentioned an ownership group that would be tied to either league. Is Andrew trying to tie up another arena without an owner ? Sounds like more expenses without revenue. SPeaking of expenses, we heard that Andrew had pleded to try to make good all debts owed by the former Columbus owwnership when he tried to hold on to Chattahoochee Valley at the last minute. I can't help but wonder if Andrew and the AIFl has continued to honor that pledge, or is his style, you help me and I'll pay off all someobody's old debt. Or perhaps, I'll get my buddies in Montgomery to pay off that old debt. When is somebody going to pay off that judgement in Allegheny County Pa ? Who was going to own that Columbus team if the AIFl got the arena back ? Are the owners in the AIFL, who are supposedly in the loop now, going for all these cut rate or no fee franchises ? Did Erie get another year for free ? Johnston, Canton, Reading ? I guess there's no revenue coming ito the league office now. Guess those guys in Montgomery have DEEEEEEEP pockets.
  #2   IP: 70.228.128.160
Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 AM

Those owners will soon see that they got the raw end of the deal also.
  #3   IP: 24.93.197.52
Old 09-01-2006, 07:27 PM

Try this on for size. All teams have owners except one. And that one team is almost sold to an owner. The championship game for next year is PAID IN FULL. And will be broadcast nationally. Get all facts before posting crap.
  #4   IP: 163.120.80.68
Old 09-01-2006, 07:45 PM

I'll believe some of that stuff when I see it (nationally televised title game especially). I seem to recall some rumors and reports that the inagural AIFL title game would be shown on Spike TV, but that sure fell through.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #5   IP: 69.163.30.137
Old 09-01-2006, 09:49 PM

aifl so far is is a better shape then any of the leagues becuase there not starting off and they have 2 years under there belt and lerned from mistakes so dont start stuff
  #6   IP: 70.125.181.83
Old 09-01-2006, 10:26 PM

I wouldn't say the AIFL is in the best shape of ANY league. The UIF and GLIFL are certainly better leagues.
  #7   IP: 205.188.116.11
Old 09-02-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony-o View Post
I wouldn't say the AIFL is in the best shape of ANY league. The UIF and GLIFL are certainly better leagues.
I gotta go with tony-o on this one.
  #8   IP: 68.228.31.65
Old 09-02-2006, 10:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Geoff Send a message via MSN to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123yathatsme View Post
aifl so far is is a better shape then any of the leagues becuase there not starting off and they have 2 years under there belt and lerned from mistakes so dont start stuff
UIF, two years under their belt, only one mistake and it was taken care of before the first season.

GLIFL, admits to having problems, is fixing them, they're notpublished.

The AIFL is definitely above the NIFL and maybe the IFL but not the UIF or GLIFL.
  #9   IP: 24.93.197.52
Old 09-02-2006, 10:54 AM

yea, the GLIFL never has any problems............

The Battle Creek Crunch endured a tumultuous inaugural season. One that saw them lose ownership and lose players due to lack of compensation. The Crunch did more than just survive, they succeeded.

Battle Creek qualified for the GLIFL playoffs, only to be soundly whipped in round one by top seeded Port Huron 74-3. The moral of the story is, the Crunch survived as a minor league sports franchise and now the plan is to return in 2007.

"We have new ownership in place. We are already getting things geared up for next year. As much as you would like to take credit as a head coach for any success, the bottom line is you need players to win games. We're going to go after more college talent next year...and younger talent," says head coach Bob Kubiak.

Money was a problem for the Crunch in their inaugural season. For most of the year players went unpaid. Kubiak says that cannot be a problem in 2007, and the best way to increase revenue is to generate interest in the arena football outside of Battle Creek.
  #10   IP: 64.12.117.8
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimadajoe View Post
yea, the GLIFL never has any problems............

The Battle Creek Crunch endured a tumultuous inaugural season. One that saw them lose ownership and lose players due to lack of compensation. The Crunch did more than just survive, they succeeded.

Battle Creek qualified for the GLIFL playoffs, only to be soundly whipped in round one by top seeded Port Huron 74-3. The moral of the story is, the Crunch survived as a minor league sports franchise and now the plan is to return in 2007.

"We have new ownership in place. We are already getting things geared up for next year. As much as you would like to take credit as a head coach for any success, the bottom line is you need players to win games. We're going to go after more college talent next year...and younger talent," says head coach Bob Kubiak.

Money was a problem for the Crunch in their inaugural season. For most of the year players went unpaid. Kubiak says that cannot be a problem in 2007, and the best way to increase revenue is to generate interest in the arena football outside of Battle Creek.
Joe...nobody every said the GLIFL didn't have problems but they were dealt with and not blown up in newspapers etc....maybe the AIFL will find better ways of dealing with stuff in 07. Besides, you may not agree with this but you get on Tatonka for working with WC of the GLIFL and posting anti-AIFL posts aren't you doing the same now and you are associatied with the AIFL? BTW I will contact you soon about setting up a fan club thing since yours in erie is by far the best I seen.