OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 12.207.76.139
Old 08-14-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
It's not because they were a semi-pro team that they have been dissed.

There is no reason why a team could not work in Springfield. Very nice arena and a very large sports hungry community. I spent a week in Springfield and came away thinking it was the greatest sports town that I have ever been in that does not have a pro sports team. If a team could survive in Fort Wayne, a team could survive in Springfield. It would just be a matter of what league they would join, the UIF or the AIFL.
  #12   IP: 69.69.33.17
Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tatonka Send a message via MSN to Tatonka Send a message via Yahoo to Tatonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWayneBballfan View Post
There is no reason why a team could not work in Springfield. Very nice arena and a very large sports hungry community. I spent a week in Springfield and came away thinking it was the greatest sports town that I have ever been in that does not have a pro sports team. If a team could survive in Fort Wayne, a team could survive in Springfield. It would just be a matter of what league they would join, the UIF or the AIFL.
Again, not questioning Springfield at all, or the fact they were semi-pro. Other semi-pro teams have made the transition, some have not; only time will tell with that.

The Stallions aren't getting any love because of the road they have taken getting to where they are now, regarding expansion fees and dues.
  #13   IP: 12.207.148.170
Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 AM

Are these the same type of dues they would have to pay any another league? Or are you saying that they are just higher in the league that they are joining?
  #14   IP: 71.97.150.235
Old 08-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Springfield looking for the lowest fees and dues, rather than a league that will have the greatest return on thier investment?
  #15   IP: 69.245.225.117
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 PM

What is the best league fit for Springfield? The UIF? The GLIFL is to far north to be a good fit. I think the UIF is expanding to quickly and way to far west to be successful in the long run. It does not leave many options for Springfield. I would think that as long as they put together a quality football team and run it correctly that it will be successful whether in the UIF, AIFL or some other league.
  #16   IP: 69.69.33.17
Old 08-15-2006, 03:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tatonka Send a message via MSN to Tatonka Send a message via Yahoo to Tatonka

Quote:
What is the best league fit for Springfield? The UIF? The GLIFL is to far north to be a good fit. I think the UIF is expanding to quickly and way to far west to be successful in the long run. It does not leave many options for Springfield. I would think that as long as they put together a quality football team and run it correctly that it will be successful whether in the UIF, AIFL or some other league.
Geographically? Probably the UIF. Financially, I just don't know, I don't know what other costs are involved with the UIF beyond their expansion fee.

If run correctly, it could be successful in several different leagues. I'm just worried how much capital Herb has to work with when in the past his team has asked leagues to defer the franchise fees until after the season so he can make sure he has enough money. It's like asking the league to guarantee that he'll make a boatload of cash when most logical businesspeople understand there's no way anyone can guarantee that, especially at the minor league level.

I dunno, good luck to Springfield, I hope they get you some closer teams so you don't have to deal with trips to Reading, Johstown, and Erie too many times.
  #17   IP: 24.93.197.52
Old 08-28-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post

Meetings were done by phone, the owners cared so much about their investments that none could be torn away from their desks to attend a real face to face meeting.

The owners were present at the meetings...........The Fan Committee was done by phone.
  #18   IP: 69.69.33.17
Old 08-29-2006, 09:44 AM

Right, which you didn't clarify initially.
  #19   IP: 64.199.135.242
Old 08-29-2006, 09:59 AM

Default Here We Go Again

Quote:
We answered this question on a previous thread. The travel costs in the UIF will be half what they are going to be in the AIFL. You must be an AIFL homer, since you keep bringing them up. I guess that the expansion to Lakeland, Florida, by the AIFL is a short trip. There are a dozen teams in the UIF within a easy drive of Springfield.

I am calling the ball right now, Springfield, under the present ownership will not make the entire 2007 season. You cannot operate a professional team the way you do a semi-pro team. It won't work.
  #20   IP: 69.245.225.117
Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheRage View Post
We answered this question on a previous thread. The travel costs in the UIF will be half what they are going to be in the AIFL. You must be an AIFL homer, since you keep bringing them up. I guess that the expansion to Lakeland, Florida, by the AIFL is a short trip. There are a dozen teams in the UIF within a easy drive of Springfield.

I am calling the ball right now, Springfield, under the present ownership will not make the entire 2007 season. You cannot operate a professional team the way you do a semi-pro team. It won't work.
Care to lay a nice size lofty bet that you are wrong about Springfield in the 2007 season? Got cash I'll lay on the table right now. I mean why would you not place the bet since it appears that you know everything about how each team is operated and their expenses...a person who knows all would feel very comfortable making that bet.

Just because you think you know it all, does not mean that you are correct.