OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 66.249.83.109
Old 10-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Smile Saginaw Sting to AIF

Thoughts, anyone?
  #2   IP: 70.208.151.232
Old 10-11-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish_lvs_Baltimore View Post
Thoughts, anyone?
I'm surprised that it didn't go PIFL. Maybe Saginaw couldn't afford the added expenses of that league after subsidizing the CIFL for so long. At any rate, the Sting are a quality pickup for the AIF that needed one after the departure of Cape Fear.
  #3   IP: 66.249.83.109
Old 10-11-2014, 03:39 PM

The PIFL's high expenses is, perhaps, the only reason that Cape Fear didn't join that league also. Geographically, it would've made perfect sense, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...
  #4   IP: 166.147.120.33
Old 10-11-2014, 04:15 PM

Saginaw and Cape Fear both had opportunities with the PIFL and both chose to go a different direction. Yes, stability does come at a cost, the PIFL does cost more than the X-League or the AIF, but the PIFL is also substantially less than the IFL. Based upon Saginaw's and Cape Fear's decisions, I would suggest that both traded in one set of headaches in for another set of headaches. Sometimes, you get what you are willing to pay for.
  #5   IP: 66.249.83.109
Old 10-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Wink

^^good points, Vinny....
  #6   IP: 63.146.45.99
Old 10-13-2014, 07:23 AM

Maybe Saginaw just wanted an easy league to win a title in.
  #7   IP: 129.135.0.19
Old 10-13-2014, 08:59 AM

I had thought about the win the league scenario too but I am hearing that there were interested in a package deal where they could bring other teams along with them, Chicago and Northern Kentucky, they have been shopping multiple leagues with this scenario so it looks like playing partners is more important to them than the easy path to a championship.
  #8   IP: 63.146.45.99
Old 10-13-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyTheViper View Post
I had thought about the win the league scenario too but I am hearing that there were interested in a package deal where they could bring other teams along with them, Chicago and Northern Kentucky, they have been shopping multiple leagues with this scenario so it looks like playing partners is more important to them than the easy path to a championship.
Thanks for the insite Vinny, I saw Chicago has been removed from the X-league site, so maybe you're correct about them following to the AIF.
  #9   IP: 50.115.187.208
Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyTheViper View Post
Is there any chance of Detroit, Port Huron, or a possible team in Flint a part of these discussions? According the Port Huron Times-Herald, the Patriots were believed to playing next year. McMorran Arena does not have a minor league hockey this year, so the Patriots would have basically only have concerts to fight with for good arena dates. Could the Patoits survive in AIF?

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story/...oads/15604633/
  #10   IP: 70.208.128.71
Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk5 View Post
Thanks for the insite Vinny, I saw Chicago has been removed from the X-league site, so maybe you're correct about them following to the AIF.
He is correct. The Chicago Blitz have now been officially announced for the AIF.
https://www.facebook.com/AIFProFootb...633784/?type=1