OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 66.103.44.73
Old 10-16-2014, 09:06 PM

Default Two Teams in Chicago?

The fact that there would two different competitive arena football teams in the Chicago is not all that strange, but two Chicago teams in the same league. It appears that the AIF is continuing to expand in the Midwest by adding the Chicago Assassins just days after adding the Chicago Blitz. I do not say this because it a rumour or I have inside knowledge. (I live in Canada). I googled the Chicago Assassins and found a link to an Oct. 31 OSC news report that the Assassins were joining the AIF. The date made me uncertain about the validity of the store. Is it a prank or maybe or a computer glitch?

Here is that story //www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4699566

If it does turn out to be true that the Assassins are in AIF, I will be looking forward to watching both Chicago teams in person in Saginaw and seeing how the two teams will work in a big as city as Chicago. Hopefully the Blitz and the Assassins will come to coexist peacefully together.

Last edited by amack93; 10-16-2014 at 09:09 PM.
  #2   IP: 184.151.61.152
Old 10-17-2014, 12:07 AM

I am so sorry to say that this is it not true. I overlooked the rather important detail of the date of when the Assassins had joined the AIF. It had in fact happened in 2013. I apologize for misleading all of you football fans.

Last edited by amack93; 10-17-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: grammar
  #3   IP: 108.200.108.208
Old 10-17-2014, 01:05 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by amack93 View Post
I am so sorry to say that this is it not true. I overlooked the rather important detail of the date of when the Assassins had joined the AIF. It had in fact happened in 2013. I apologize for misleading all of you football fans.
No problems. Judging by the attendances, most people in Chicago never even knew it existed
  #4   IP: 70.192.199.12
Old 10-17-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nksports View Post
No problems. Judging by the attendances, most people in Chicago never even knew it existed
As it turns out, the Assassins never played a game in the AIF.
  #5   IP: 184.56.168.39
Old 10-17-2014, 10:01 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amack93 View Post
Good call
Big man to step up on your own.

Tags
aif, chicago, chicago assassins, chicago blitz