OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 72.192.140.112
Old 01-09-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Nfle

Does anyone here follow NFLE........ if so will the Amsterdam Admirals repeat as champions or does any one care?

I myself hope that the Centurions win it this year.....
  #2   IP: 132.22.254.237
Old 03-20-2006, 09:00 PM

I don't really follow the whole league just the players my ATL Falcons send over there each year
  #3   IP: 68.14.183.29
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Geoff Send a message via MSN to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff

I try and keep up. I watch as many games as I can.
  #4   IP: 70.64.174.24
Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 PM

I try to watch as many games as I can. However, in Canada basically we used to get one or two games a season. Now that the NFL Network is carrying the games, it appears we will get the majority of the season.

As far as will Amsterdam repeat, the makeup of the league is such that one year's team doesn't resemble the next year's team. So I can't say for sure that their the powerhouse club this season.

Personally, I hope Frankfurt wins, I've been a Frankfurt fan since the days of the WLAF when there were actually North American teams in the league.

In a slightly off-topic question, where does NFL Europe stand as far as the other non-NFL leagues are concerned? From what I've seen I would say that it ranks this way:

1. CFL
2. NFL Europe
3. AFL
4. af2
5. The other arena leagues

However, the gap between the AFL and NFL Europe is not big enough that in all certainty these rankings stand for good.
  #5   IP: 68.14.183.29
Old 03-22-2006, 03:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Geoff Send a message via MSN to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff

I'd say it's typically like this:
1 - CFL
2 - NFLEL/AFL
3 - af2/UIF/NIFL
4 - GLIFL/AIFL/IFL

There are a lot of players that never got a chance to try out for bigger teams and go to the indoor leagues and are on NFL rosters the next season. You can come from anywhere.
  #6   IP: 206.197.182.7
Old 04-11-2006, 11:29 PM

Perhaps the best way to lump the leagues are those that the NFL have their hands on vs the free world of footbal.

CFL/NFLE/AFL/AF2/NIFL vs UIFA/GLIFL/AIFL

I say start making the NFLE EUROPEAN! Stop sending all the NFL cast offs over there and let Europeans play. That was the plan when it all started. Then the NFL smelled a dollar and are trying to milk it dry.

I say bring back my favorites, Barcelona. Expand to Italy and Poland like they had planned before it became NFLG. Hmmmm. American bases all over Germany and so are the teams. Must not be anything to that though since the NFL is all about promoting the sport, not just the dollar.
  #7   IP: 71.127.85.223
Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 AM

I agree expand and let more natives play and i like the claymores and Dublin
needs a team maybe the EXPLOSION?
  #8   IP: 206.197.182.7
Old 04-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Now, now. They declared peace a few weeks ago. I do like it though.

Rome was another of the original sites that never was allowed to play.
  #9   IP: 64.12.116.135
Old 08-04-2006, 10:58 AM

It's funny that this league was easier to follow as the WLAF than it is now. Even as the World League I saw more games. Cylon I have to agree. Bring back the Claymores. Their fans were great. They made watching a Claymore game all the more entertaining.
  #10   IP: 162.99.30.52
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11HP20 View Post
It's funny that this league was easier to follow as the WLAF than it is now. Even as the World League I saw more games. Cylon I have to agree. Bring back the Claymores. Their fans were great. They made watching a Claymore game all the more entertaining.
Unfortunately, the Claymores are no more. The Hamburg Sea Devils was added to NFL Europe, along with the Cologne Centurions.

FAN OF TAMPA BAY STORM SINCE 1991