OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#21   IP: 208.87.233.180
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Why would Philly be reporting on this? And how do you know that this is the Saints?
  #22   IP: 70.192.227.204
Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk5 View Post
Why would Philly be reporting on this? And how do you know that this is the Saints?
first question: Moorestown Township, N.J. is in the Philadelphia TV market, it's a suburb of the city. Lack of promised payments by the team have been alleged with a complaint now lodged with the New Jersey Department of Labor. That's fair game for any investigative reporter.

second question: The CBS3 promo video shows an office door with the name plate Moorestown Saints LLC. Plus, the team's original Facebook account says that the report is about the Saints. Please check the team's original account, now controlled by an ex-Saints employee, for more about the allegations. https://www.facebook.com/MoorestownSaintsAIF

Last edited by DCAbloob; 11-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.
  #23   IP: 129.135.0.19
Old 11-13-2013, 11:30 AM

Just another in a long list of triumphs for John Morris, the Man of Steal, when will people ever learn?
  #24   IP: 70.192.227.204
Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 AM

CBS3's investigative report about the Moorestown Saints is up now.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/vid...investigation/
  #25   IP: 171.161.160.10
Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to coachingubigr

[QUOTE=VinnyTheViper;171044] Man of StealQUOTE]

Nice. This one gave me a good chuckle.
  #26   IP: 129.135.0.19
Old 11-14-2013, 12:48 PM

I could not resist, John Morris and his league remind me of the Peanuts character "Pigpen", whether it is Morris himself, or some of the subordinate stooge owners that he seems to find on an annually basis, there is always this swirling dust cloud of stench around the situation, it never changes.

Another observation on the Moorestown Saints, I noticed in the news report that the team had changed logos, from the the Fleur De Lis of the New Orleans Saints that they had been using, to some sort of winged football, wonder if the NFL issued a cease and desist order, they are generally pretty protective of their trademark properties. Needless to say the Moorestown Saints were a disaster from the get go, really sad that people are being hurt due to bad behavior of a few.

Last edited by VinnyTheViper; 11-14-2013 at 12:50 PM.
  #27   IP: 98.235.122.64
Old 11-14-2013, 06:10 PM

Yes the fraud is terrible but I think the most heinous crime committed here is by whoever came up with that logo. Holy crap what the hell is that. Has to be one of the worst logos I've ever seen.
  #28   IP: 167.73.112.8
Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dog View Post
Yes the fraud is terrible but I think the most heinous crime committed here is by whoever came up with that logo. Holy crap what the hell is that. Has to be one of the worst logos I've ever seen.
I dunno-- I could see the one used frequently on this team's site ranking up there as an all-time stinker...