OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 69.207.185.243
Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Default Does Anyone Think There Will Be A 2013 Season

Does anyone think there will be a 2013 season. There has not been any mention about the league or any expansion. The owners of this league cant be trusted who knows what they are up to.
  #2   IP: 67.87.49.132
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Default Most likely they'll throw something together

I have not heard anything officially but with the past history of this league's leadership, I am going to assume they will throw together some teams (probably travel teams) at last minute and have some sort of season. It's a shame that the Harrisburg and Cape Fear teams won't ever receive any respect for playing in this bush league. It appears they are the only two teams with news anyway. Both team's have decent players and decent coaches, it's a shame really. League owner's need to do the right thing and step aside and allow those two organizations to go elsewhere and officially fold the league in my opinion. However, the problem with that is that they fit nicely into the PIFL structure but with their past history and associations with certain people, it doesn't make them that attractive. It seems like the PIFL is really making an effort to do the right thing and bring in quality organizations. I believe they'd have to thoroughly show that they are free and clear of any "suspect" individuals.
  #3   IP: 107.205.84.198
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBear View Post
However, the problem with that is that they fit nicely into the PIFL structure but with their past history and associations with certain people, it doesn't make them that attractive. It seems like the PIFL is really making an effort to do the right thing and bring in quality organizations. I believe they'd have to thoroughly show that they are free and clear of any "suspect" individuals.
Both of your observations are spot dead on! Good job by you, however, never say never, PIFL expansion in 2014 could get quite interesting.
  #4   IP: 74.102.61.244
Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 AM

Everything that the AIF put out before the 2012 season was f'd up. The Cancun all star game ( was it ever played), East coast - west coast divisions, two teir league, yet they never announced any teams in either tier, the maryland force / reaper logo fiasco, the schedule, teams folding mid season, one team left league voluntarily due to J.M bs when they were in 1st place, says alot about this league give them credit, filler teams, "associate teams", travel only teams and lets not forget the topping on the cake, using a folded team to play in the championship game with replacement players. No credability. Cape Fear is Bowmans team, Harrisburg is Morris's baby even if they have new "ownership". He "owns" both these organizations. You have what one team in the west, Nevada?
You guys are right, they probably will throw something together call it a league and the farce will continue another year. I know its not the players and coaches who screw this up, but with this league, they will never succeed. This league really needs to die and Morris run off to a non extradition country because what they are doing with this league is criminal. With Lehigh going to the PIFL, both would be a good fit, but I dont see this ever happening as long as John Morris is involved in the indoor football world.

Last edited by RevolutionX; 10-10-2012 at 08:12 AM.
  #5   IP: 69.207.185.243
Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 AM

You guys are forgeting the Rochester franchise. They paid money to get into this league. Goodbye fee's and I bet they are having fun with Rochester's money. There is a sucker born every minute everyone wants to be a owner and I guess they found one in Rochester.
  #6   IP: 67.87.49.132
Old 10-10-2012, 06:51 PM

Default Great point

Wow. Kicker, I completely forgot about the Roc City Thunder. Maybe their entrance fee paid for the All Star Game in Cancun....whoops, that never happened (or so I have heard it never happened - can anyone confirm?). This league's administration is so shady, imo. Please Harrisburg and Cape Fear, remove yourself completely from this madness for your own sake and well being. Marcus Colston of the NO Saints is part owner of the Stampede, he really should re-evaluate the teams current position. @Vinny - I really like what the PIFL is doing and moving ahead, preferring quality over quantity. I really would like to see the PIFL continue to expand. I would love for a team to come to Scranton, PA, and also return to Trenton, NJ, & Baltimore, MD, but because of some individual's past involvement and burning the Sun National Bank Center and 1st Mariner Arena, I don't think that would be an easy task to win them over, unless, a very well respected owner/ownership group would step up.
  #7   IP: 69.207.185.243
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Travel wise it would make sense for the Harrisburg and the Rochester franchise to join the CIFL. travel wise it is a perfect fit. It is to late now there stuck in this invisible league maybe next season
  #8   IP: 151.200.36.252
Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 PM

York, Pa. has been awarded an AIF expansion team, official announcement on Wednesday.

http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_2177664...ootball-league
  #9   IP: 174.255.32.64
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Trish_lvs_Baltimore

This should be interesting.......lol
  #10   IP: 74.102.61.244
Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAbloob View Post
York, Pa. has been awarded an AIF expansion team, official announcement on Wednesday.

http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_2177664...ootball-league
Hope they invest in a real field, not that crap they played on when Harrisburg played there. Why...I mean why...would anyone get involved with John Morris. Morris found another sucker who drank his cool aide. I hope their ownership group know what they are doing....and have deep pockets because Rochester and them gonna loose their shirts. Yes...yes it will be interesting. Dosent anyone do their homework anymore. Guess this guy has been living on an island, because everyone knows this league is garbage.

Last edited by RevolutionX; 10-15-2012 at 04:19 PM.