OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 69.207.185.243
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM

These guys that are investing in this league are living a pipe dream. they have no idea what they are getting into. The ones you have to feel sorry for are the fans who are going to spend the money to watch these games and get there hopes up about winning a championship and the league or teams fold.
  #12   IP: 199.173.226.236
Old 10-22-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker3 View Post
These guys that are investing in this league are living a pipe dream. they have no idea what they are getting into. The ones you have to feel sorry for are the fans who are going to spend the money to watch these games and get there hopes up about winning a championship and the league or teams fold.
Anyone that buys tickets in advance or season tickets to any of these leagues is an idiot to be honest. None of these games even fills half the seats, just treat it as a nght out and buy tickets at the door...it's not like they aren't available.
  #13   IP: 69.207.185.243
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Their making progress It is now a four team league Cape Fear, Rochester, Harrisburg and York. How ar two cities so close together going to survive. Harrisburg and York are only 25 miles apart. looks like the league will own the rest of the teams or they wil be traveling teams with sem-pro players. Rumor has it the all-Star game this year is going to be in Sidney Australia lol
  #14   IP: 71.224.231.217
Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 PM

i wouldnt call york an expansion team..they just gave the tri-state redhawks aka the Arbutus Big Red a Home field..you can tell by the helmet on the table in the press conference and the two teams also share a head coach. this team will be filled with semi pro players from the big red
  #15   IP: 70.113.119.95
Old 10-22-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTE View Post
Anyone that buys tickets in advance or season tickets to any of these leagues is an idiot to be honest. None of these games even fills half the seats, just treat it as a nght out and buy tickets at the door...it's not like they aren't available.
What if you prefer sitting in the front row instead of the cheap seats? I know people that buy movie tickets in advance, that's just a night out. Some people even camp out overnight to get tickets or toys on sale. I guess camping was their night out.
  #16   IP: 184.56.86.165
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM

I buy season tkts as a convienence for myself.
I get my choice where I want to sit for all games.
There is also a slight discount for tickets.
If I happen to have to miss a game, well $10 or so
won't put me in the poor house. If it would I shouldn't
be wasting money on such a foolish thing as entertainment
in the 1st place.

Then again we're talking about the AIF here and I wouldn't
spring a few sheckles in advance for this league.
  #17   IP: 72.42.160.88
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM

Buy your season tickets on a Visa and if something happens Visa will refund you and charge back the team. Visa has better lawyers then you.
  #18   IP: 184.56.86.165
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Don't think a JM team will take a credit card for the
exact reason you stated. haha
  #19   IP: 199.173.224.31
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Diablo View Post
What if you prefer sitting in the front row instead of the cheap seats? I know people that buy movie tickets in advance, that's just a night out. Some people even camp out overnight to get tickets or toys on sale. I guess camping was their night out.
Over the 4 years of their existance, I went to about 12 Baltimore Mariners games, I never bought a ticket in advance, never paid over face value, often paid less than face value and always had a seat in a premium section, often in the 1st row.

Any chance Baltimore gets a team again?
  #20   IP: 70.113.119.95
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Over the 4 years of their existance, I went to about 12 Baltimore Mariners games, I never bought a ticket in advance, never paid over face value, often paid less than face value and always had a seat in a premium section, often in the 1st row.
You have changed the criteria. Here you're talking about one league and one team, the Mariners. The post I replied to said ANY league.

Quote:
First, there's no reason to call us names.

2nd, we've been down this path of discussion before. You're a part time fan that only attends a couple games a year if the local movie theater is sold out. That's fine, your perogative, but it's Hard to believe that the Mariners went 13-0 and won the Championship, but you only cared to see a few games. It would seem even a casual fan would attend more games.

Most here are bigger fans of the game then you are, and most attend games for much better leagues. Some of these league have the bottom sections roped off and you can't get to the first few rows without a ticket for them. Many teams actually have the first few rows and/or the lower sections sold out.

Me and my family, love to sit in the first row on the wall. We enjoy talking to the officials, the coaches, and players. I've ended up with lots of footballs also.
I don't hate on you and call you an idiot for whatever it is you do in your spare time. Respect us for supporting what we love, don't hate because you disagree.