OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 199.227.205.30
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM

I guarantee you they heard all the grumblings about it looking like the Trenton Steel and changed it to throw people off the scent. Because I think the owner of Trenton wouldn't be particularly happy with Morris if he found out they ripped off his logo.
  #12   IP: 72.84.241.143
Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to coachingubigr

I wonder if they'll wear the Trenton Steel uniforms now that there is a "new" logo?
  #13   IP: 199.227.205.30
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM

That's the question. My thing is they find some way to still wear the trenton unis its going to look as bogus as a million dollar bill. But given their previous rep. I seriously dont know how much money they will invest in quality uniforms.
  #14   IP: 173.63.209.219
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM

When you see all this logo stealing, lack of originality and b.s. in one way shape or from teams in the AIF, not to mention league operations as a whole, it makes one wonder how John Morris suckered these people into buying his bull ****. One would think he is so transparent and the reputation preceeding him, doesnt anyone do their homework on who they are getting involved with. Lets not forget the Fayetteville force, maryland force logo fiasco, they became the Maryland Reapers, who had issueswith their logo now the macon steel / Trenton Steel logo/ Colonge Centurions. Dont people, Especially Andre Reed getting involved with Harrisburg, realize everything comming from the league mouth smells as if it should be comming out its a$$. Good luck to all who bought his line of crap, you wont be laughing in the end. To all teams, good luck in the upcomming season, AIF teams, you will need more than luck.
  #15   IP: 64.25.240.5
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM

how much does it cost to get a team in the league?
  #16   IP: 99.111.219.81
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatek99 View Post
how much does it cost to get a team in the league?
How much do you have? I'll let others decide if that's a question or your answer.
  #17   IP: 64.25.240.5
Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preeths View Post
How much do you have? I'll let others decide if that's a question or your answer.
My point was, if it is $10,000 to get a team in the league, why can't teams spend $100 on an original logo?

That is why I asked the question
  #18   IP: 173.63.209.219
Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
My point was, if it is $10,000 to get a team in the league, why can't teams spend $100 on an original logo?

Rumor has it , the IFL wants like 100,000 to join their league. The AIF? probably a team by team basis, dont forget the "associate teams". Does anyone, or should I say, will anyone give a real answer on how much it costs to join the AIF. Answer no, Morris wont tell the other teams how much it cost team a to join because he charges team b another price. He needs to bankroll his teams through others so I guess we will never know true numbers unless he publishes them to all owners. Regardless, GATEK99, you right its pennies to get an original logo, so why couldnt MACON get one. It the Morris way.
  #19   IP: 99.111.219.81
Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being antagonistic. My suspicion is that in some leagues very little or no real money is changing hands when franchises are awarded or as someone else pointed out, they're being charged on a case-by-case basis. Let's just say that financial pressure leads to some cost-cutting for some teams, including logo design.
  #20   IP: 173.63.209.219
Old 02-16-2012, 01:39 PM

All I know if someone like john Morris told me I had to pay x amount of $$$$ to join his league and I found out other teams got a free ride, then I would be pissed. Heres a thought, how about these league owners stop ripping people off and charge a simple fee , the same for all teams, what ever the amount and then teams get something in return. What do you actually get from the league except some alphabet letters to say you belong to. Do you get insurance, ref fees paid, footballs, turf and/or dasher pads, uniforms,marketing assistance in market areas,league supplied stat persons at games, NO, hell you cant even get an original logo. Each team incurs all costs and get nothing in return for belonging and these shysters pad their, and their cronies own pockets. Its frikin disgusting how these leagues are run, but I guess if you want a team, you got to drop to your knees and pucker up.