OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 68.59.169.189
Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Default Continental Basketball Association Aiming for a Comeback?

http://www.usbasket.com/CBA/basketba...?NewsID=233280

Quote:
Introducing the launch of the New Era of the Continental Basketball Association!

Chris Warren, now owner of the New Era of the Continental Basketball Association, CBA, will roll out a new logo that will honor the leagues history while reflecting a new vision and league model. The CBA is the oldest league in the world with a proud and historic tradition, and Chris is excited to take this revitalized brand into the future. Please welcome the New Era of the CBA!
The league will conform to basketball rules similar to those of the NBA. The New Era of the CBA will be headquartered in Indianapolis IN with Chris Warren as the Commissioner. Warren has been an agent for the past 14 years working with high level collegiate and professional programs throughout the country and the world. Chris will be bringing his extensive knowledge and passion for the game in his role as Commissioner as a basketball person making basketball decisions. Launching the New Era of the CBA, Warren believes that with a stronger business model it can be as popular and vibrant as the CBA glory days.

League play will begin with a pre-season this October, 2011, with the regular season set to kick off the week of Thanksgiving. The season will last 5 months including pre-season with the Championship to be announced late March. There will be 10-12 teams for the inaugural season; currently we have 3 teams in place and we are looking to add 6-9 more. Due to the economic struggles and uncertainties in Europe and the United States, many high caliber quality players are seeking a league that can provide them a stable environment and a high level of competition.
Team ownership inquiries should be made via email to cbahoopsonline@yahoo.com. There will be a website with more information coming soon.
This is why we need the visioning meeting. Here we go with another person trying to start a league...WITH THREE TEAMS IN PLACE FOR A FALL LAUNCH???

I love the "cbahoopsonline@yahoo.com" email address...can't even afford the money to get a real business email address!

SIGH

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Last edited by zeke41; 07-16-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added the full article
  #2   IP: 74.79.57.213
Old 07-18-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke41 View Post
http://www.usbasket.com/CBA/basketba...?NewsID=233280

This is why we need the visioning meeting. Here we go with another person trying to start a league...WITH THREE TEAMS IN PLACE FOR A FALL LAUNCH???

I love the "cbahoopsonline@yahoo.com" email address...can't even afford the money to get a real business email address!

SIGH
Yes we are aiming for a comeback but this individual does not own the rights to the CBA name or logo. Thankfully the PBL informed us of what was going on this morning and we are looking into the matter. The actual CBA website will be launched in August by Infinity Pro Sports at cbaworldhoops.com and the actual email address is info@cbaworldhoops.com.

As for the visioning meeting we are in full support of having a discussion on reform.
  #3   IP: 99.141.112.164
Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 PM

For what it is worth, the CBA website is listed in Infinity Pro Sports' portfolio as 'Coming Soon' http://www.infinityprosports.com/portfolio/clients/
  #4   IP: 96.232.169.233
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenpuppa View Post
"The actual CBA website will be launched in August,"

They set a deadline and didn't make it, what gives
They didn't say what year, just August...