OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 71.244.159.205
Old 05-10-2011, 11:01 AM

Default Flight venue

The Flight are now playing in a middle school? What happened to the other venue? Also- what happened to Greg Kite or whatever his name was as an assistant? Some NBA guy. And no, OSC should not cover this rec. league
  #2   IP: 67.240.252.128
Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

rec. league? More like a rec. circus. My bet is the WBA takes the only 2 or 3 stable teams and the league goes away. The league was run horrible from day 1.
  #3   IP: 69.171.163.203
Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM

I might end up eating crow on this one. However, I think that the flight is a solid "single A" type of franchise. They don't have an open checkbook but they play their games, they have a steady stream of press releases, a few hundred come to their games, and it seems everyone is paid.

I would rather see a league with 12 owners like this than a league where teams think they will be a future d-league team and bankrupt less than a year later. I think Wilmington and Cary will have similar franchises. Problem is can they get others to follow their league? Time will tell.
  #4   IP: 205.175.115.31
Old 05-11-2011, 02:40 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffal00 Sports Fan View Post
My bet is the WBA takes the only 2 or 3 stable teams and the league goes away.
Really? Like the WBA is a bastion of stability.

Last edited by wellington; 05-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
  #5   IP: 205.175.115.31
Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by one way View Post
And no, OSC should not cover this rec. league
I've got a better idea. Why not have OSC delete your account? Now that would be a positive start. I am tired of hearing you spout off at the mouth due to your personal vendetta with Mark. Thankfully you have been relatively quiet over the past few months. Get a life.

Last edited by wellington; 05-11-2011 at 02:46 PM.
  #6   IP: 67.240.252.128
Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

I agree. Florida Flight seem to have a very small budget. However, they do all of the right things within the tight budget they have. They deserve better then what the CBL is giving them. For the sake of the Florida Flight, I hope the CBL gets its crap together.
  #7   IP: 71.203.184.155
Old 05-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffal00 Sports Fan View Post
I agree. Florida Flight seem to have a very small budget. However, they do all of the right things within the tight budget they have. They deserve better then what the CBL is giving them. For the sake of the Florida Flight, I hope the CBL gets its crap together.
Despite my issues with the CBL, I will say that Mark is busting his tail to make things work in Orlando. He does solid marketing, works hard to get sponsors and is doing what all professional teams should do and that is to get involved in the community. His players are solid citizens and I imagine that if one of them got in trouble with the law, that player would no longer be with the team. Mark is doing things the right way.

I say this after having my issues with Mark when I was with the CBL that have since been worked out. What I learned about the man is that we are both compulsive perfectionists and that we both share a passion for the minors.

Wellington, One Way is entitled to his opinions as you are to yours. If you don't like what he has to say, then don't read his posts and move on.
  #8   IP: 76.26.179.77
Old 05-11-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one way View Post
The Flight are now playing in a middle school? What happened to the other venue? Also- what happened to Greg Kite or whatever his name was as an assistant? Some NBA guy. And no, OSC should not cover this rec. league
Hey man...I didn't mean to upset you for being a success. Who knew I would be able to scrape up enough money to run a minor league basketball franchise with my poor self? I know...I know...it wasn't supposed to go this way, and it cuts you deep to know that you were completely wrong about me. Don't sweat it...a lot of people were. What can I say...I love a good challenge.

Heck, maybe I'll make my next long-term goal to build my own venue. What do you think, buddy? Tell me how crazy I am! You know what...maybe I'll try to solve the world hunger issues! We'll start with you. Send me your address, and I'll order you a pizza and have it delivered to your house. How long has it been since you've had a real pizza anyway? It's on me! No sweat! What kind of toppings do you like? Sour grapes? Spilled milk? Crow? You tell me! I'll make it a large!

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
  #9   IP: 67.240.252.128
Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

No need to take shots at Zeke for playing in a middle school. If they guy averages 200 fans, a middle school is a pretty smart venue for a small budget team.

Take shots at Zeke if he averages 200 fans and then decides hes going to move to a 15,000 seat arena.
  #10   IP: 69.171.160.160
Old 05-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke41 View Post
Send me your address, and I'll order you a pizza and have it delivered to your house. How long has it been since you've had a real pizza anyway? It's on me! No sweat! What kind of toppings do you like? Sour grapes? Spilled milk? Crow? You tell me! I'll make it a large!
What the crap.....I take up for you and he gets a pizza.....wait a minute....I get it.....Well played.