OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 74.199.127.100
Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Default Wisconsin gets its very own...

...and first ever, ABA team.

Quote:
ABA TO EXPAND TO MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN NEXT SEASON
2/5/2011
Indianapolis, IN. The American Basketball Association (ABA) www.abalive.com today announced that it would expand to Milwaukee, WI next season with the addition of the Milwaukee Blast. "At last, we're in Wisconsin," stated ABA CEO Joe Newman. "We have wanted to expand there for several years and have been looking for just the right owner - and we found him in Elzie Flenard III. This will be one great team and it will fit beautifully into our North Central Division."

The Milwaukee Blast team will be owned by Elzie Flenard III, President/CEO of Flenard Enterprizes, LLC. Elzie has a business background stemming from the music industry and was the founder of Flenard Music in 2005. "Even as a little boy I've always wanted to own a professional basketball team," stated Flenard. "This transition into sports entertainment will be a perfect fit for our company. I believe that Milwaukee is the perfect market for the ABA. This is a part of the country that is home to avid sports fans that support their teams. We are looking forward to bringing the Milwaukee Blast to Milwaukee County.

Flenard was born in Chicago and raised in Southern Illinois. A job opportunity in Milwaukee brought his family and him to the Southeast Wisconsin area. "My wife Victoria and daughter Nia love Milwaukee and we are very excited about bringing fan friendly, exciting and affordable professional basketball to the area."

For more information, email ef@blastbasketball.com or call 414 671 9446 or visit www.abalive.com or www.blastbasketball.com.
Geez, and here I thought that the Packers would be the only big sports news coming out of Wisconsin this week...

...And one less state that Joe's ABA hasn't tarnished...

...and one more owner with a "music background" -- (aka) ABA Idol 2012 can't be far off.

Last edited by tops804; 02-05-2011 at 06:57 PM.
  #2   IP: 76.210.37.116
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 AM

And so it goes
  #3   IP: 198.53.89.6
Old 02-06-2011, 02:39 PM

So how many states does Joe have left to sully?
  #4   IP: 74.196.98.201
Old 02-06-2011, 07:58 PM

I don't THINK there has been one in Kansas yet....
  #5   IP: 76.210.37.116
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN View Post
Don't give Joe any ideas
  #6   IP: 198.103.152.51
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I used to keep a list, but I've stopped following the ABA dealings as closely.

I'm pretty sure South Dakota, Montana and Idaho also haven't had teams. But I'm thinking Joe is very close to completing all 50 states. I'm waiting for Bikini Atoll to get a team though.
  #7   IP: 72.114.215.33
Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I used to keep a list, but I've stopped following the ABA dealings as closely.

I'm pretty sure South Dakota, Montana and Idaho also haven't had teams. But I'm thinking Joe is very close to completing all 50 states. I'm waiting for Bikini Atoll to get a team though.
I don't think Maine has had one either.
  #8   IP: 24.248.161.158
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Given the state's success rate for minor league basketball, I wouldn't rush in. You had the Topeka/Kansas City Sizzlers, Wichita Outlaws (GBA), the Salina whatever they were in one of the old I leagues and the Topeka-Hutchinson-Wichita debacle that was the AAPBL (a bald-faced scam attempt).
The only teams that were close to being successful were the Kansas Cagerz and Dodge City Legend, and their league brought them down.
  #9   IP: 198.53.89.6
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nksports View Post
Given the state's success rate for minor league basketball, I wouldn't rush in. You had the Topeka/Kansas City Sizzlers, Wichita Outlaws (GBA), the Salina whatever they were in one of the old I leagues and the Topeka-Hutchinson-Wichita debacle that was the AAPBL (a bald-faced scam attempt).
The only teams that were close to being successful were the Kansas Cagerz and Dodge City Legend, and their league brought them down.
That would make tons of sense for a legit league. However, since when does Joe ever care whether leagues have failed before? So long as the $10,000 cheque clears you too could have a team in Kansas.
  #10   IP: 216.180.209.162
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM

NO NO NO...my state has been NEWMANNED....