OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 70.85.92.98
Old 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Default You Sad Group Of People Have Been Used Abused and Confused

Hello to all of the blind and dumb followers of A1 . BTW where is A1? HAHAHAHA ! The information I am about to give you has been out for about a week already, but I have refrained from saying anything. I wanted to hear and observe further lies about the doom of the ABA and how the PBL is going to do this and that. Well the Dooms Day prediction for the ABA has past and the case against the ABA has been DISMISSED !!!!!!! No damages awarded not a penny! Did you all get that ? DISMISSED! I have specific information on why the case was dismissed, but I only share ABA League information with people who have a legitimate reason to know. If this was a real unbiased basketball forum I would gladly share information to real journalist and fans of the game. I do NOT share information with a group of blind haters that dedicate their lives to destroy an organization just because they want to fit in and jump on a bandwagon.

So where is A1? Where are the PBL voices at? Do ya think that you people just might have been used as a vehicle by A1 and the PBL for their USELESS and WORTHLESS court case? So how does it feel to get a big one in the pooper LOL! I knew this day was coming LOL.

You people need to hang your heads in SHAME. What happened to the 100 of witnesses that were scheduled to testify against the ABA ? LOL. What happened to the long list of documentation on how the ABA screwed people over ? LOL. I think you people found out that RUMORS and SMEAR posting in this message board does NOT constitute as fact or evidence. I hope you people learned your lesson. It is now time to move forward and to start acting like decent human beings.
  #2   IP: 192.112.2.217
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 PM

I actually agree with you to a point. the best way forward is as decent human beings....but I guess you are saying that......

Joe is right and

...everyone who failed in the ABA is wrong
...all the posters are wrong.
...all the PBL is wrong
...all the 100's of investors are wrong

everyone is wrong but you and Joe. Now with one post you've set us all straight. The fact a court case may (or may not) be decided is not a moral compass of this ridiculous league at all.

This thing is a complete circus. Civil case or not.

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.
  #3   IP: 98.67.94.216
Old 02-18-2010, 05:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to LightningMan Send a message via AIM to LightningMan Send a message via MSN to LightningMan Send a message via Yahoo to LightningMan

I have nothing to hang my head in shame about, as is the case with just about everyone who posts here with the exception of A1. The case was filed. Joe lost. If you're right that the damages were dismissed, then Joe gets to scam people for another year. However, I refuse to take your word, OSB, on anything without independent corroboration.
  #4   IP: 63.240.123.12
Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM

Funny -
when I saw the title of the thread on the front page, without seeing the author I knew it had to be our boy OldFoolBaller.

As for the "Group Of People Have Been Used Abused and Confused" - I would direct you to any of the multitude of people who have been on the wrong end of Mount Joe-lympus all these years. Most of us are anything BUT confused. We have seen - and continue to see, even this month - the every lowering bar of ineptitude that permeates every ABA season.

You have issues with A1 and his posts? Get in line, Jack. There are any number of people here with issues about what he says and how he says them.

Was the suit dismissed? Don't know, and frankly don't care. If that is the crowning achievement upon which you deem this year a success - when your league (if, of course, you are actually involved in the league, and not just saying you are) has been unable to put forth in the public record a schedule, standings, stats, rosters, updated website or any of the promises that were made all those months ago - then YOU, my friend, are the confused one.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K"
Quote:
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity
  #5   IP: 69.247.216.39
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM

Let me start by saying, I do not agree with OSB on most things. In my opinion, the ABA has made it impossible for 2/3 of the US to do well in minor league basketball.

However, I do agree that this was another VERY BAD financial choice by the PBL. Bottom line, it is not going to work out in their favor. The ABA, by all accounts, was supposed to die the first week of January. Now Feb. is almost done and nothing.

The PBL payed thousands of dollars and their new franchises are having to pay for other teams travels???? Face it, the PBL and the ABA are a joke. Moreover, the ABA has a better chance to succeed than the PBL. Face it....Joe's goal is not good basketball but as many markets as possible. He shows no sign of slowing down. Chances are, he will continue to milk good people. However, the PBL will not last three more years, unless they scrap their current method of wasteful spending.....maybe PBL stands for Pro Barack League....they seem to have the same ideology.
  #6   IP: 24.248.161.158
Old 02-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Default Show me

Let's see a link. Joe says a lot of things (like Snoop Dogg concerts, Little Rox, etc.). Prove it.
  #7   IP: 69.247.216.39
Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nksports View Post
Let's see a link. Joe says a lot of things (like Snoop Dogg concerts, Little Rox, etc.). Prove it.
Yeah Joe is full of crap. However, it was the PBL office that was assuring everyone that the ABA would be done in January. They are just as full of crap as Joe (i.e. China,court settlement, @sportsTV,etc.etc.)
  #8   IP: 71.197.4.191
Old 02-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Oh, I thought there was something new here.

Instead, it was more idiocy from OldFoolBaller.

Hey, OFB... Joe *will* screw you over someday. There are real live people who will tell you that, if you ask them. But no, you'd rather be Joe's yes-man. That's fine. It'll make it more fun when he finally does to you what he's done to everyone else.

Meanwhile... court documents, or it didn't happen.
  #9   IP: 24.248.161.158
Old 02-18-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elearn View Post
Yeah Joe is full of crap. However, it was the PBL office that was assuring everyone that the ABA would be done in January. They are just as full of crap as Joe (i.e. China,court settlement, @sportsTV,etc.etc.)
Agreed. There's some might powerful kool aid out there in minor league basketball right now. Not sure what's in it. Riddle me this Batman, after ABA and PBL failures with China, why is the IBL trying to do the Pacific Rim thing? In the past 10 years, if anyone has gotten rich in minor league basketball, I haven't seen it. (Frankly, no ones been getting rich in the NBA lately except the players and the shoe companies). Yes, it's an ego boost for some people, but a very expensive one.
  #10   IP: 69.247.216.39
Old 02-18-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nksports View Post
Agreed. There's some might powerful kool aid out there in minor league basketball right now. Not sure what's in it. Riddle me this Batman, after ABA and PBL failures with China, why is the IBL trying to do the Pacific Rim thing? In the past 10 years, if anyone has gotten rich in minor league basketball, I haven't seen it. (Frankly, no ones been getting rich in the NBA lately except the players and the shoe companies). Yes, it's an ego boost for some people, but a very expensive one.
Here is the kicker.....don't they realize this is "minor" league basketball. That means they shouldn't be trying to be like the NBA and expand to other countries.

In fact, the only way I see minor league basketball ever being worth a dime is if the PBL and ABA shut down. Then have different leagues in different regions. For example, the WBA could cover the SE. Play all of your games in your region. Then, after a few years of success, have these leagues champions play in one tournament.