OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#61   IP: 67.176.166.46
Old 03-12-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newiflfan View Post
I don't really know much about the new additions. I'm a UM fan, so I don't pay that much attention to MSU. A very quick Google search shows that they were on the team in the early '00s. Lovett seems to have started a handful of games, and Brown looks like he missed some time with a broken elbow.

That's interesting about Watkins being listed on Cleveland's roster- he left the ThunderHawks in Januray to play for them, then came back. I wonder if the Cleveland roster just hasn't been updated since that time period.

As for the other two players released... Grinvald played for the team last year when they were in Muskegon. He didn't dress on the 26th, and I don't recall seeing him at the game (not to say he wasn't there, though). I'm pretty sure Jones saw some game action on the 26th, but it doesn't look like he recorded any yards from catches or kick returns.
It's possible he is still listed on the roster because it hasn't been updated. However, the coaching staff are all former Rampage guys where Watkins played which makes me wonder. If he can make more money, good for him.

I saw the same thing about the two guys. Lovett did catch passes from Smoker at MSU and it appears we still have an open spot on the roster. Very interesting.
  #62   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 03-18-2010, 04:00 PM

Just thought I'd mention that there have been some minor tweeks in the team website. Dance team page and bios is fully constructed, and on the index page there is now a section devoted to Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams players of the week.
  #63   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM

Last night's win at LaCrosse sets up a big game on May 1. Richmond will come to town, and a victory puts the T'Hawks within striking distance of first.

The crowd at the most recent home game was the biggest of the season, hopefully the fans come out in force again.

Last edited by newiflfan; 04-24-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Totally forgot that Richmond had a game tonight...
  #64   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 05-01-2010, 09:31 PM

ThunderHawks lose a close one at home to the Revolution, 46-44. This was a battle all night long. Some of the hardest hits I've seen all season.

Height got banged up near the end of the first half, and although he played the rest of the game, you could see a little limp. Pray went down in the 4th quarter, and it looked like the wind got taken out of West Michigan's sails. Following his early exit, it looked like they tried to force the ball too much, resulting in incomplete passes.

Hope both of those two are ok, because they're integral parts to the offense!
  #65   IP: 69.207.89.120
Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newiflfan View Post
ThunderHawks lose a close one at home to the Revolution, 46-44. This was a battle all night long. Some of the hardest hits I've seen all season.

Height got banged up near the end of the first half, and although he played the rest of the game, you could see a little limp. Pray went down in the 4th quarter, and it looked like the wind got taken out of West Michigan's sails. Following his early exit, it looked like they tried to force the ball too much, resulting in incomplete passes.

Hope both of those two are ok, because they're integral parts to the offense!
It doesn't get easier as they play in Rochester next week in a big game for both clubs.
  #66   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 05-02-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
It doesn't get easier as they play in Rochester next week in a big game for both clubs.
That it is. Both our victories against you earlier in the year were close games, and it seems like your team has gotten better in the previous weeks.
  #67   IP: 167.73.110.8
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Out of morbid curousity I took a look at the names from the most recent ThunderHawks boxscore. Only three of them belong to people who were with the team coming out of training camp. David Hendrix, Kelvin Brown and Antwan Young. Kicker, defensive lineman, linebacker.

Granted, there might be a couple more names that didn't make the boxscore because they didn't record any stats, but dang.
  #68   IP: 137.238.21.233
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Default interesting ending

Aside from the games with playoff implications, I'm finding the final W Mich. contest intriguing. Can they pull their pieces together to at least beat Maryland, or will the Maniacs find the first win on the last day? I'm hoping for Maryland to have something positive to put in this season next to last years' division championship. Does anyone know what the difference has been?

Anyway, something different to anticipate this weekend.
  #69   IP: 71.166.127.225
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathetyes View Post
Aside from the games with playoff implications, I'm finding the final W Mich. contest intriguing. Can they pull their pieces together to at least beat Maryland, or will the Maniacs find the first win on the last day? I'm hoping for Maryland to have something positive to put in this season next to last years' division championship. Does anyone know what the difference has been?
I think Maryland will not be back in 2011- Ownership is the problem nuff said
  #70   IP: 167.73.110.8
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathetyes View Post

I think Maryland will have a good shot at winning. The West Michigan offense has been completely dismantled. New QB, all new WR's, and new RB's. There is probably only one or two OL who started the year with the team. Heck, I would guess that 3/4 of the roster has turned over since the last time West Michigan played Maryland, which was barely a month ago.

Tags
ifl, thunderhawks, west michigan