OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 72.95.238.145
Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Default Levingston promoted

According to press release in OSC, Halifax Rainmen owner Andre Levingston has been promoted by the PBL to work on expansion for the league, in Canada, in addition to his duties with the Rainmen.
This is a good sign(imo).
  #2   IP: 205.213.211.204
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM

So does that mean we'll finally get that expansion team in Moncton? (it would be the PERFECT fit-that, Fredericton, Saint John, or Cape Breton)
  #3   IP: 71.43.66.238
Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 PM

It would be nice if someone would get promoted to work on Southeast expansion.

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
  #4   IP: 173.23.166.32
Old 07-29-2009, 07:49 PM

didn't he rip the league in the paper???
  #5   IP: 71.7.133.156
Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one way View Post
didn't he rip the league in the paper???
Not that I know of.

The league did sort of negotiate a new cost-sharing situation for travel by talking directly to local media which was scummy and sort of embarrassing, but Andre has been pretty much a class act when talking about the league.

He is even diplomatic when talking publicly about the ABA.
  #6   IP: 76.217.62.243
Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbf View Post
According to press release in OSC, Halifax Rainmen owner Andre Levingston has been promoted by the PBL to work on expansion for the league, in Canada, in addition to his duties with the Rainmen.
This is a good sign(imo).
I wouldn't call it a promotion at all. It's more like, find your own travel partners or you'll suffer the same fate as Wilmington. The Rainmen are on the bubble.
  #7   IP: 72.95.238.145
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 PM

Ken, I think most of us know that you don't like minor league Basketball and how well Halifax is doing on and off the court. I don't see them in a 'bubble'. The league chose Levingston to help with promoting in Canada, which I think is good(as I said). I think you are reading what you want into it. I'm happy for the guy. But I know that you don't think much of the league.
  #8   IP: 152.131.8.132
Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 AM

Can't they get Wayne Gretzky to promote it? I thought this league had more clout then that, hey send their third rate race car driver to do it, they probably know who he is in Canada. Zeke they already know you want to promote the Southeast, didn't you say you were writing a book? Heres a catchy title Me...Me...Me.
  #9   IP: 71.7.133.156
Old 07-30-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbf View Post
Ken, I think most of us know that you don't like minor league Basketball and how well Halifax is doing on and off the court. I don't see them in a 'bubble'. The league chose Levingston to help with promoting in Canada, which I think is good(as I said). I think you are reading what you want into it. I'm happy for the guy. But I know that you don't think much of the league.
I think Ken's at least partially right on this one. Even if the league didn't tell him this, he's smart enough to know that not getting a few more teams in driving distance means the Rainmen just aren't sustainable in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie20 View Post
Can't they get Wayne Gretzky to promote it? I thought this league had more clout then that, hey send their third rate race car driver to do it, they probably know who he is in Canada. Zeke they already know you want to promote the Southeast, didn't you say you were writing a book? Heres a catchy title Me...Me...Me.
Why do you even bother coming on here, anyway?
  #10   IP: 71.43.66.238
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie20 View Post
Zeke they already know you want to promote the Southeast, didn't you say you were writing a book? Heres a catchy title Me...Me...Me.
Don't need a title Sonnie (unlike Battle Creek), but you can start reading the rough draft now -

www.thecrossoverbasketball.com/blog/14

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4