OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 74.70.151.23
Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM

Default Former Albany Patroon arrested in double murder

James Richardson surrendered to police in North Carolina Saturday. Article is below.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_...egionCookie=12
  #2   IP: 74.67.49.204
Old 07-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp0033 View Post
James Richardson surrendered to police in North Carolina Saturday. Article is below.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_...egionCookie=12
I barely remember James Richardson. He only started two of 20 games he played, and when he refused to take the court unless he started more, head coach Micheal Ray Richardson cut him. I think he only averaged 2 points and 1 rebound per game.

But then again, that year I think the Patroons used up their allotment of player roster moves on such wonderful talent as Devonnaire Deas (an Albany High hoops star who flunked out of college), Jeremy McNeil (and his ten-ton lead feet), and Cory Hightower, long after Hightower had any semblance of skills.

Of course, that season T.J. Thompson became the first Patroon to break 50 points in a game (against Gary, nyah nyah Ken), James Thomas got two call-ups to the Chicago Bulls, and this lanky Alabama minor league lifer named Jamario Moon signed up in the middle of the season. Wonder whatever happened to that Moon guy... I know one thing, though... he wasn't out shooting up grocery stores in Greenville.
  #3   IP: 76.237.196.29
Old 07-07-2009, 10:01 AM

Yeah, T.J. Thompson was the one bright spot for Albany that year. Although, the Steelheads eliminated the Patroons to reach the CBA finals that year (or something like that, I think the playoffs were based on quarter points that year).

...and of course, the NBA scouts noticed Jamario Moon while he was playing for the USBL Steelheads. Probably had something to do with Gary's proximity to Chicago.
  #4   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 AM

According to the T-U(those interviewed), he was a nice guy and very reserved. This is sad. I wonder what made him lose it?