OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 70.84.196.2
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Default CBA shutting down !!!!

From two good sources.

After the season two teams are going to the ABA, Albany and East Kentucky.
Lawton to the PBL and minot folding.

HArd to believe ?...not really, no one is going to pay 100k to join the CBA, no one is going to pay 5 cents to join the CBA. NO one is going to pay 10k a month for travel expenses to the CBA. This was going to happen...the word has leaked out.

two legit minor pro leagues left: PBL and d-league. both have the cash, both have the TV exposure.

( and no...there will be no pittsburgh team)
  #2   IP: 216.221.118.128
Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 PM

I asked this before and you ignored it. Where I can watch some PBL games tonight? Since there aren't any D-League games, wouldn't mind checking the PBL out.
  #3   IP: 98.121.174.232
Old 01-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to LightningMan Send a message via AIM to LightningMan Send a message via MSN to LightningMan Send a message via Yahoo to LightningMan

Only PBL game tonight is at Chicago and I don't think they stream any games.
  #4   IP: 74.167.186.60
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino

I thought the ABA saved it...

Seriously, nothing public that the CBA is gone...
  #5   IP: 216.221.118.128
Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Oh, so they don't have that big TV deal?
  #6   IP: 68.114.52.252
Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaWiz View Post
Oh, so they don't have that big TV deal?
No its a gross newmanistic exaggeration. Its a streaming internet deal. It's a glorified youtube with a some extra bells and whistles. To call it a PBL deal is misleading since only the Razorsharks use it. If it was a league deal all the teams would be covered not just Rochester home games. Fortunately Vermont and Halifax have their own deals. Halifax's is really a pretty nice setup.
  #7   IP: 70.84.196.2
Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Default its called a >>> telephone, great invention

ah yes ! Again use of the telephone proves to be a good way to get information. Try it sometimes. BUt Ill help you out since dialing may be a problem for you.

Call Fusion Communication in Davenport Iowa. Ask them about @sportsTV.
They wil kindly tell you that the PBL has a sports TV network all lined up and ready to launch. Currently only a few PBL venues will have TV broadcast ability. Also they are doing some games on the internet as the TV production is being set up. The network will be 24/7 when all is done.

Now that wasnt hard , was it? LOL
  #8   IP: 216.221.118.128
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM

So this TV station is based of Davenport, Iowa? I didn't think Iowa had a PBL team. Also, I thought you said you already have a TV deal, yet it hasn't launched yet? Getting some contradicting figures here. Also, I talked to my local cable provider, and they've never heard of @sportsTV.
  #9   IP: 97.95.56.219
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

It's not a TV station. It's a production company. I've spoken with someone there before.
  #10   IP: 71.7.133.156
Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 PM

The PBL "TV" deal is not very good. Basically @sportstv is streaming Rochester home games live, and the rest of the day it has old Rochester games and the AF2 championship game running on a loop. I watched the Rochester game live online and it was pretty good, but Alumni96 is using the right terminology: Newmanesque. atsportstv.com doesn't even have a schedule. I have not seen any mention (or at least clear mention) of it being on traditional television. The PBL game of the week is "Rochester Home Game of the Week."

Manchester, Vermont and Halifax are all streaming games live through various other websites and Mid-Michigan have a radio deal which is available on line.

If you were serious about wanting to see a PBL game and not just taking the piss out of A1 you can see an archived version of yesterday's Rainmen/Sasquatch game here. Skip to about the 20 minute mark if you want to avoid some serious boringness.