OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 216.221.118.128
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Default Aba-cba

Now that it's been decided that the ABA will fill in Pittsburgh's portion of the schedule for the CBA, what are some of the stronger ABA teams? Where do the Illinois teams, the team in Utah, Vegas, Detroit, Kansas City rank?
  #2   IP: 71.182.215.45
Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Speaking as an Xplosion fan, it's unfortunate how the situation here was handled and I still find myself in disbelief about it.
With the reputation that the ABA has, I feel fortunate that we only had one game that was canceled during our first and only season in this league.
There are some good team in the ABA like San Diego, Alaska seems good(to name some that I'm familiar with in name only), along with Maywood.
I would hope that the games vs the CBA get played. I could name other teams, but most have moved to the PBL.
  #3   IP: 71.7.133.156
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaWiz View Post
Now that it's been decided that the ABA will fill in Pittsburgh's portion of the schedule for the CBA, what are some of the stronger ABA teams? Where do the Illinois teams, the team in Utah, Vegas, Detroit, Kansas City rank?
I think that the Salt Lake City Saints and the Detroit Hoops are non-existent for all intents and purposes and Vegas have already folded. No idea about the Chicago Steam.

Kansas City look to be capable of at least making it to January 15 which is all that matters for the CBA - they were smart to try to put all the ABA games at the start of the season rather than relying on the teams to show up in March.

Nashville, San Diego, Alaska, Maywood, and Knoxville are the only teams I would really trust.
  #4   IP: 70.119.163.250
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHris902 View Post
I think that the Salt Lake City Saints and the Detroit Hoops are non-existent for all intents and purposes and Vegas have already folded. No idea about the Chicago Steam.
I didn't know about Vegas folding. They were just in Alaska for a tournament...you have the inside scoop on that? Not that I am shocked, but I did think the team had done much better than they did in Orlando!

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
  #5   IP: 71.7.133.156
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke41 View Post
I didn't know about Vegas folding. They were just in Alaska for a tournament...you have the inside scoop on that? Not that I am shocked, but I did think the team had done much better than they did in Orlando!
You're right, it's 1am in the middle of exam season and I got all mixed up. Everyone ignore me and carry on.
  #6   IP: 70.119.163.250
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 PM

LOL...I was like that 2 days ago...had a paper to finish! I have a final exam next Tuesday myself!!!! Good luck!

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
  #7   IP: 96.3.65.130
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 PM

Wow...the CBA really has gone to hell, hasn't it.
  #8   IP: 71.182.215.45
Old 12-05-2008, 01:11 AM

I'm really surprised that the CBA took this route!
  #9   IP: 196.28.52.1
Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to TheStandard

The CBA has entered into the Gates of Hell and they are not going to return. Isiah Thomas you are now forgiven for all your crimes to the CBA
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.
  #10   IP: 72.200.148.233
Old 12-05-2008, 05:57 AM

Anyone who is expecting to get games from the ABA is gonna be in for a big surprise.........

The CBA should know better and probably do. This is a desperate decision by a sinking league. Hooking up with the ABA is usually a death sentance in my opinion.

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.