OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   IP: 96.52.44.127
Old 06-24-2008, 10:35 PM
sportsnut2000 sportsnut2000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 112
Default Regionals

So does anyone know what teams are playing in the eastern playoffs.No doubt Elkhart will win the east but who will win the west?
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 63.239.255.6
Old 06-25-2008, 08:59 AM
mammal mammal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 86
Default

Elkhart, BC, Elgin, Grand Rapids, Gary, Windy City are playing in the East. My IBL playoff preview will be posted tomorrow, maybe even later today.

The IBL will be back in 2009 and it will be just fine. This is the minors...teams will come and go no matter how good the league is. Duilio is a good commissioner and the IBL is a good league. It's not un heard of for teams to be disgrunteld. It's the minors for gosh sakes! The talent in the IBL gets better every year.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 75.3.68.213
Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Ken, Steelheads fan's Avatar
Ken, Steelheads fan Ken, Steelheads fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gary, Indiana. Otherwise, known as G.I.
Posts: 2,415
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammal View Post
Elkhart, BC, Elgin, Grand Rapids, Gary, Windy City are playing in the East. My IBL playoff preview will be posted tomorrow, maybe even later today.

The IBL will be back in 2009 and it will be just fine. This is the minors...teams will come and go no matter how good the league is. Duilio is a good commissioner and the IBL is a good league. It's not un heard of for teams to be disgrunteld. It's the minors for gosh sakes! The talent in the IBL gets better every year.
I don't put much stock into teams switching to other leagues either. There aren't enough reasons for doing so out there. Sounds like people making up stuff again.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 216.220.193.132
Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 PM
homeboypla homeboypla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 122
Default Teams staying in the IBL??

REALLY?? We will see about that.

Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 72.86.107.93
Old 06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
balling2008 balling2008 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 43
Default

When a commsioner doesnt reveal his financial statements to the owners or have owners meetings that right there is enough for owners to switch leagues. These owners have no idea where their money is going. For a comminsioner to promote not paying players you will see a decline in talent.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 75.3.68.213
Old 06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Ken, Steelheads fan's Avatar
Ken, Steelheads fan Ken, Steelheads fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gary, Indiana. Otherwise, known as G.I.
Posts: 2,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balling2008 View Post
When a commsioner doesnt reveal his financial statements to the owners or have owners meetings that right there is enough for owners to switch leagues. These owners have no idea where their money is going. For a comminsioner to promote not paying players you will see a decline in talent.
Owners' meetings?!? I hope the owners all have Internet access. Email is a lot less expensive than traveling to central locations for face-to-face meetings. Isn't this supposed to be a low-cost league? Sounds like a lot of scapegoating is going on. If situations with other teams are similar to the situation in Gary, then ownership has no one to blame except themselves.

Has Duilio promoted not paying players? I don't know, has he?. I do know that one of the best players in the east (which means one of the best players in the league), slam-dunk champion Chris Wesby, has been playing for exposure only the entire season.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 72.86.107.93
Old 06-26-2008, 11:46 AM
balling2008 balling2008 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 43
Default

Yes I am sure the owners have internet access but that doesnt mean as owners their input counts. Meetings via internet whatever would be nice I am sure. Low cost league is a unstatement. I just wonder what the $23,000 year league fee is for? Yes I have several emails from owners/Duil that he says not to pay players or coaches. As far as guys playing for free that is crazy!!! Exposure for free in a joke league is not a good thing. IMO
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 75.3.68.213
Old 06-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Ken, Steelheads fan's Avatar
Ken, Steelheads fan Ken, Steelheads fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gary, Indiana. Otherwise, known as G.I.
Posts: 2,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balling2008 View Post
Yes I am sure the owners have internet access but that doesnt mean as owners their input counts. Meetings via internet whatever would be nice I am sure. Low cost league is a unstatement. I just wonder what the $23,000 year league fee is for? Yes I have several emails from owners/Duil that he says not to pay players or coaches. As far as guys playing for free that is crazy!!! Exposure for free in a joke league is not a good thing. IMO
$23,000?!? Is THAT the annual league fee?!? That's not a heckava lot of money. Owners need to look within themselves for solutions. They might find the answers to some of their problems. I saw what happened in Gary this spring and simple mistakes were made. No one even bothered to ask season ticket holders to renew at the beginning of the season. A lot of season ticket holders that were around since 2000 did not renew (although pricing may have had something to do with it too). Simple errors like that and not using the video scoreboard to advertise.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 24.7.231.112
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Elkhart_Fan Elkhart_Fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40
Default

Ken - I see your points...and you may think Dulio is an OK commissioner.....but I can tell you this - he doesn't have the support of the owners. You can blame the owners, but I happen to live in a city that has a GREAT owner, knows how to run a class organization -- and still has a great deal of problems with Dulio, so is he to blame? I don't think so.

Sure, mistakes will be made, but Dulio makes the same mistake again and again -- and just plain doesn't learn from anything.

As for your $23K isn't a lot of money -- how much should a team have to pay to play in this league? I have no idea why it's so much? The pay the ref peanuts, the web site is so-so, they don't offer insurance for players -- so where is all the money going? And it gets even stranger when he won't report where money is going.....

Whether you like it or not....time is up for good ole' Dulio.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


                       
                                                   
                                                                                             
                           

Hapening ImgHappening Now