OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 71.14.71.93
Old 05-17-2008, 11:45 AM

Default Olympia Reign, West Coast Highflyers

The IBL site has the Olympia (WA) Reign and West Coast Highflyers listed as 2009 teams. There was no info about the Highflyers, but the Olympia Reign plan on playing three official games this season. The Bellingham Slam site has the results of a 5/9/08 game in which the Slam defeated the Reign.
  #2   IP: 74.61.45.19
Old 05-17-2008, 12:21 PM

Default They are FAKE TEAM

As you can see since China did not play Bellingham as planned so this Olympia team played. As you can see a lot of teams have played this fake teams and rack up stats and wins. West Coast who is the owner of the team and were is there home??

The SNO CO. Explosion is the only team that has played -- or killed the China team. The IBL is fast becoming a mystery of who plays who. I really think the league is become the summer version of the ABA.

I will be at the Explosion game tonight. They and Bellingham are the only organizations that put out a class product.

I went to a Tacoma Game -hahahaha- what a joke the Explosion had more fans with 20 then Tacoma. The IBL is in a struggle will good organizations continue to play in the league or go up to the DLeague.

IBL wake up or you will fall asleep....
  #3   IP: 71.115.3.210
Old 05-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Default Look East, young man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboypla View Post
The IBL is fast becoming a mystery of who plays who. I really think the league is become the summer version of the ABA.

I will be at the Explosion game tonight. They and Bellingham are the only organizations that put out a class product.

IBL wake up or you will fall asleep....
I don't know what's going on out west, but I can tell you that in the Midwest the IBL is alive and well. And there are several teams here that put out a class product. Try to expand your vision a bit and I bet you'll also find several West teams that aren't in as sad as shape as you think the entire league is.

Although if you can convince the powers-that-be that the west is dead, maybe they'll play the Championship game here and I won't have to deal with the horrors of O'Hare to watch the three-peat.
  #4   IP: 76.193.20.203
Old 05-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds55 View Post
I don't know what's going on out west, but I can tell you that in the Midwest the IBL is alive and well. And there are several teams here that put out a class product. Try to expand your vision a bit and I bet you'll also find several West teams that aren't in as sad as shape as you think the entire league is.

Although if you can convince the powers-that-be that the west is dead, maybe they'll play the Championship game here and I won't have to deal with the horrors of O'Hare to watch the three-peat.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't know what's going on in the west either since I have a difficult time relating to anything west of the Rockies. It's highly unlikely that any midwestern teams would switch to a winter league. Why?!? It wouldn't make any sense. If you can't make it in the Spring/Summer when there is less competition for venues and less competition for the basketball dollar--then you can't make it anywhere.
  #5   IP: 132.49.221.26
Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Personal observations / opinions:

Eugene and Salem, both folded, were more viable than Portland and S**ttle. Portland and S**ttle still exist despite not drawing. Methinks that's who the commish chooses to prop up, which opens up certain ABA-ish possibilities when you're forced to ask why.

IIRC, homeboy was a big SnoCo homer at the start, has been observing, voila! I don't think he's here to be a beatdown artist, I think he's here to be a SnoCo fan, no matter how deluded that stance may be. He wasn't someone I was expecting to work on this tack.

General summary: the Midwest is generally working, the West may need to offer teams to a league to help Yakima survive. Yakima, Bellingham, and Bend aren't a bad core for a Northwest division in some league. Portland and S**ttle should be nowhere near such a league.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107
  #6   IP: 96.52.44.127
Old 06-13-2008, 05:35 PM

I know Olympia will be a team in the IBL for sure but I can't see the West Coast Highflyers being a fulltime team.
  #7   IP: 71.197.146.174
Old 06-14-2008, 03:36 AM

Default Just Heard the Explosion to play Olympia last game of the season

Seems the Explosion was told by the league to not play the ALL Star Crappy team at the end of the season but will now face the Reign???

I guess the league has just renamed the team as 50% of the ALL Stars are now going to play for an Olympia team next week some time.

Explosion killed Tacoma tonight Just Murray had 50 plus for the Explosion...

Watch out every the BOOOOOM is out with the new guys the Explosion are getting. I guess to be in the playoffs you only need to play three games with an IBL team so the SNOC's are getting the best palyer in these next four games.

O I guess a Tacoma player was almost signed before the game IKE? to the team. When I asked the coach Moss he said the IBL sent a memo out that you can steal players even up to the first quarter in the Game???

Anyone hear about this What the HELL Is that about ...

THe IBL is the Spring League of the ABA... Mikel get out you suck and have ruined a league just like Joe Newman.. both of you should be put out to pasture.
  #8   IP: 96.52.44.127
Old 06-22-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Ibl Is A Joke

Well from very good sources there is a new league starting up next spring with 8 to 10 teams from the IBL that will leave along with former IBL owners who had enough of the IBL BS.Looks like there will be 16 teams an announcment will be made in 2 weeks and you will see some of the better run IBL teams leaving to join this league.I'm glad this is happening because the IBL is turning into the ABA.
  #9   IP: 75.3.68.213
Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut2000 View Post
Well from very good sources there is a new league starting up next spring with 8 to 10 teams from the IBL that will leave along with former IBL owners who had enough of the IBL BS.Looks like there will be 16 teams an announcment will be made in 2 weeks and you will see some of the better run IBL teams leaving to join this league.I'm glad this is happening because the IBL is turning into the ABA.
Okay, this is the part I don't understand. A new spring/summer league will be started to do what? Hmmmmmm. To start a new spring/summer league?!? What's the purpose? The IBL is already a barebones league. Could someone who has been following the IBL since its inception please explain? Particularly someone who has been following the IBL west, since the discontent (if there really is any) seems to be in the west.
  #10   IP: 132.49.221.26
Old 06-23-2008, 11:59 AM

Ken, the people noticing the issues are out west.

I bet the discontent is in the east. I think Dulilo has his hands in too many western teams anyway... and THAT is the crux of the problem. I bet he's diverting funds out west to prop up his dream, and that's not even working.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107