OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSport Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 75.89.218.254
Old 06-21-2013, 06:01 PM

Default 2013 All-IFL Teams

First Team All-IFL: Offense

Quarterback: Jameel Sewell (Nebraska)
Running Back: Laron Council (Cedar Rapids)
Wide Receiver: Kayne Farquharson (Nebraska)
Wide Receiver: Carl Sims (Cedar Rapids)
Wide Receiver: Kyle Kaiser (Colorado)
Offensive Line: Myniya Smith (Sioux Falls)
Center: Charlie Sanders (Sioux Falls)
Offensive Line: Darius Savage (Nebraska)

First Team All-IFL: Defense

Defensive Line: Xzavie Jackson (Cedar Rapids)
Defensive Line: Rachman Crable (Sioux Falls)
Defensive Line: Gabe Knapton (Colorado)
Linebacker: Tyler Knight (Sioux Falls)
Linebacker: Ameer Ismail (Chicago)
Defensive Back: Lionell Singleton (Tri-Cities)
Defensive Back: Rudell Crim (Tri-Cities)
Defensive Back: Frankie Solomon Jr. (Texas)

First Team All-IFL: Special Teams

Kicker: Parker Douglass (Sioux Falls)
Kick Returner: B.J. Hill (Green Bay)

Second Team All-IFL: Offense

Quarterback: Cody Kirby (Chicago)
Running Back: Daniel DuFrene (Chicago)
Wide Receiver: Ryan Balentine (Green Bay)
Wide Receiver: Bryan Pray (Cedar Rapids)
Wide Receiver: Troy Evans (Wyoming)
Offensive Line: Jason Baksas (Chicago)
Center: Maurice Robinson (Cedar Rapids)
Offensive Line: Michael Trice (Colorado Ice)

Second Team All-IFL: Defense

Defensive Line: Jeremiah Price (Sioux Falls)
Defensive Line: P.J. South (Chicago)
Defensive Line: Michael Stover (Colorado)
Linebacker: Maurice Simpkins (Nebraska)
Linebacker/Strong Safety: Elijah Fields (Green Bay)
Defensive Back: Roy Polite (Sioux Falls)
Defensive Back: Ricky Johnson (Cedar Rapids)
Defensive Back: Jovan Jackson (Colorado)

Second Team All-IFL: Special Teams

Kicker: Joe Houston (Nebraska)
Kick Returner: Frankie Solomon Jr. (Texas)
  #2   IP: 75.89.218.254
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM

Overall the league/coaches/owners seemed to have done a pretty decent job, but I do believe there were some major surprises for guys that made the list as well as major surprises for guys that were left off the list.

Biggest Surprises who were on the list:

Cody Kirby (Chicago - QB) - In my opinion there are 2 QB's at least that should be ahead of him. Lets compare the stats:

QB 1- 1,993 passing yards, 39 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions; 388 rushing yards and 13 tds

QB 2- 2,387 passing yards, 47 touchdowns, and 17 interceptions; 494 rushing yards and 18 tds

QB 3- 2,247 passing yards, 48 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions; 214 rushing yards and 8 rushing tds

#1 is Cody Kirby, #2 is Marcus Jackson (Texas), and #3 is Willie Copeland (Colorado). Based off stats, Marcus Jackson has the most total yards and total touchdowns of the group; being followed by Willie Copeland and then Cody Kirby. Sure the interception numbers are high for Jackson, but he by far has more touchdowns than Kirby to offset those picks.

Roy Polite (Sioux Falls - DB) - Not sure what the voters saw here, sure he may be a good player, but no where near 2nd Team stats. Finished the season with 74 tackles, 0 interceptions, and 1 PBU. There are 7 players with more interceptions than him on his own team and 6 players with more PBU's.

Biggest Surprises who were left off the list

Marcus Jackson (Texas - QB) - Had the second best yards and TD's for a QB; what more needs to be said? Who I would take off: Cody Kirby

Willie Copeland (Colorado - QB) - Was second in Passing TD's and third in Passing Yards. Not to mention lead his team to the playoffs. Who I would take off: Cody Kirby

Tory Harrison (Sioux Falls - RB) - Among RB's was second in Rushing TD's and Rushing Yards. Who I would take off: Daniel DuFrene

DeAngelo McCray (Nebraska - OL) - The few times I did see him playing online, seemed to be one of the best OL out there. Who I would take off: Mike Trice

Kyle Jenkins (Chicago - DL) - By far the biggest snub of the entire list. How can a guy that finishes 2nd in sacks not make the 1st or 2nd teams? Who I would take off: P.J. South

Chris Johnson (Chicago - DB) - Probably the 2nd biggest snub on the list, as he finished 3rd in interceptions. Who I would take off: Roy Polite or Jovan Jackson

Yes, I could make arguments for other players, but these guys are the ones that I feel the worst for after the great efforts they put forth this season. Obviously all of these players are very good, but to not recognize guys who deserve to be for their efforts is what makes it very tough.
  #3   IP: 209.62.231.174
Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 PM

I'm guessing your two biggest snubs from Chicago were left off the ALL IFL team when they chose to not get on the bus and go to GBay last week.
  #4   IP: 75.89.218.254
Old 06-21-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm2010 View Post
I'm guessing your two biggest snubs from Chicago were left off the ALL IFL team when they chose to not get on the bus and go to GBay last week.
I'm not too familiar with that situation and which players showed up and which didn't. I would understand the league suspending/fining the players for not showing up, but I also think there needs to be some investigation into the overall decision by the players before taking those types of drastic measures (including leaving them off the All-IFL teams).

From what I do understand about the situation, not all the players were getting paid on time and therefor a bunch of players decided that they weren't going to travel to Green Bay until they got paid (knowing they werent in the playoffs probably helped in their decision not to travel also). How can the league punish the players for this? Chicago wasn't keeping up their end of the bargain, so the players should not be forced to play for free. Again, I don't know all of the circumstances, but I find it very hard to believe that the IFL has all the necessary information to sufficiently show that these players should not be allowed to make All-IFL teams.
  #5   IP: 209.62.231.174
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 PM

From What I was told all players reported to the bus and were paid in full. They then left to cash the checks and some just chose not to return. This put the league in a terrible position. Hats off to the Chicago players that did play as well as Green Bay for helping fill the rest of the roster and even provide coaches. Terrible situation no matter how you look at it..
  #6   IP: 68.186.22.245
Old 06-22-2013, 05:16 AM

Are the Chicago coaches that didn't make the trip to Green Bay also banned from the league? If the league is banning the players, then they need to ban the coaches for the same offense.

There are definitely two sides to this story though. Players are saying they weren't paid (and the owner said as much in an article), so I can understand if some didn't go because of that.

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook
  #7   IP: 76.236.4.45
Old 06-22-2013, 07:52 AM

Excited to see Pray get some love at WR!