OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 66.231.15.254
Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM

Default Beef accepted to CPIFL - IFL is now doomed.

As some of us had predicted, the new ownership of the Omaha Beef chose the lower costs and travel budget of Bob Scotts's CPIFL over the too big for it's own britches IFL.

The fat lady is warming up. The will be the last season of the IFL, and by extension, the Sioux Falls Storm.
  #2   IP: 66.231.15.254
Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Further evidence to support the demise of the IFL. Rumor has it that have accepted Cheyenne From the APFL...A team that used air mattresses as side boards and didn't finish the season. Oh I'm overjoyed..
  #3   IP: 67.162.140.162
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer_Texxx View Post
Further evidence to support the demise of the IFL. Rumor has it that have accepted Cheyenne From the APFL...A team that used air mattresses as side boards and didn't finish the season. Oh I'm overjoyed..
Colorado Lightning used the air mattresses and didnt finish the season in the APFL.
  #4   IP: 209.62.231.174
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer_Texxx View Post
As some of us had predicted, the new ownership of the Omaha Beef chose the lower costs and travel budget of Bob Scotts's CPIFL over the too big for it's own britches IFL.

The fat lady is warming up. The will be the last season of the IFL, and by extension, the Sioux Falls Storm.
Omaha MIGHT have a team in the CPIFL but I bet it's not the Omaha Beef. Any takers?? CPIFL is getting way to much credit. IT is nothing more than another start up league that has TWO teams with experience. EVERY other team is a new start up. Somebody pull up some stats on how first year start up teams do.

There is a HUGE difference between the quality of the IFL vs CPIFL. As long as you have 8 LEGIT teams, you have a solid league. The UIF proved that.. The IFL clearly have atleast 8 legit teams that will band together and grow the IFL the right way. I have confidence in that. So before we right off the IFL and jump onto the Bob Scott league, let's just see what's what when the smoke clears..
  #5   IP: 69.210.33.206
Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm2010 View Post
Omaha MIGHT have a team in the CPIFL but I bet it's not the Omaha Beef. Any takers?? CPIFL is getting way to much credit. IT is nothing more than another start up league that has TWO teams with experience. EVERY other team is a new start up. Somebody pull up some stats on how first year start up teams do.

There is a HUGE difference between the quality of the IFL vs CPIFL. As long as you have 8 LEGIT teams, you have a solid league. The UIF proved that.. The IFL clearly have atleast 8 legit teams that will band together and grow the IFL the right way. I have confidence in that. So before we right off the IFL and jump onto the Bob Scott league, let's just see what's what when the smoke clears..
Okaaay...let's go through it team by team:

Kansas City Renegades - Assumed the assets of the AFL Command, signed several of their players
Lincoln Haymakers - Formerly Council Bluffs Express (and before that, the Iowa Blackhawks)
Mid-Missouri Outlaws - Perennial APFL contender
Oklahoma Defenders - APFL team last year, solid season, filled the gap the AFL's Talons left
Sioux City Bandits - No introduction needed.
Wichita Wild - No introduction needed.

Verdict: haters gonna hate, the CPIFL has true promise.
  #6   IP: 99.111.219.81
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Absolutely no offense to the CPIFL, but the jury's still out on them. They have a lot of untested organizations. The IFL has taken some big hits, but as many have pointed out, smaller and more regional may be better. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next year.
  #7   IP: 24.248.161.158
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure somebody will, but didn't the IFL have to take control of the Beef and is still looking for a new owner for the team, so I doubt the Beef is moving to the new league.

That being said, the Omaha market is probably in play. I would think the IFL would need to fight for Omaha simply because it keeps a great rivalry alive with Sioux Falls. At the same time, Omaha's footprint works well with the other league with Lincoln, Kansas City, Wichita and Sioux City.
The question might be, does the loser get Council Bluffs, which doesn't have a huge fan base, but it seems to be pretty loyal and rabid.

There are places the IFL can still go.
Here seems to be the current alignment:
Bloomington Edge
Cedar Rapids Titans
Chicago Slaughter
Green Bay Blizzard
Omaha Beef???
Sioux Falls Storm
Colorado Ice
Nebraska Danger
Texas Revolution
Tri-Cities Fever
Wyoming Cavalry
Cheyenne???
While Texas is problematic, here are some markets that could work:
Fargo-Moorhead
Boise
Bismark
Billings
Missoula
Spokane
Pocatello
Ogden
  #8   IP: 209.62.231.174
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor League Man View Post
Okaaay...let's go through it team by team:

Kansas City Renegades - Assumed the assets of the AFL Command, signed several of their players
Lincoln Haymakers - Formerly Council Bluffs Express (and before that, the Iowa Blackhawks)
Mid-Missouri Outlaws - Perennial APFL contender
Oklahoma Defenders - APFL team last year, solid season, filled the gap the AFL's Talons left
Sioux City Bandits - No introduction needed.
Wichita Wild - No introduction needed.

Verdict: haters gonna hate, the CPIFL has true promise.
KC: start up team. Assume all the assets they want, new ownership with no clue about the indoor game. Several players from AFL to $75 a game.. OK

Lincoln: New market with new owners, spin it how you want, this is a start up..

Mid-Missouri: Perennial contender in a recreational league. The CPIFL will be a step up from that.

Oklahoma: Same team that wasn't going to show up to Council Bluffs unless travel costs were paid.. OK

Sioux City: Couldn't win in the IFL so dropped to a recreation league with lesser talent and have dominated. They suddenly have all the answers

Wichita: Once a great program that is a year or two from being extinct

Agreed that the CPIFL has true promise but to suddenly say that they are going to be the end of the IFL is a bit pre-mature.
  #9   IP: 99.111.219.81
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

The last information I received indicated that all Omaha Beef assets are for sale. That was as of late last week.
  #10   IP: 96.8.167.177
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM

The IFL is currently working on a schedule and my guess is any who are not confirmed as in for 2013 are out which includes the Beef.