OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

Closed Thread

#61   IP: 71.206.8.170
Old 08-19-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardale View Post
OK,,,teams to comply with rules,,this yr(IE) Martin Johnson,,EX owner of the TIDE,,DID Not pay his DUE's and Did not attend whatever meeting's there. HUM,,this yr he paid HIS players $75.00 to play, NOT the league min of $100.00. Did the LEAGUE or Jeff or Eric do anything about that. The last 2 weeks of the season Martin PAID his players $25.00 What about that. IF the league was doing what it was supposed to they would have kicked him out for not having the money to run the team. Also the from office of the TIDE was calling the league office for help and the LEAGUE did NOTHING to help did they. I rest my POINT. What about that JEFF and ERIC,,,what do have to say about that one.

You need to check your facts before you start spouting off about Tide player pay...especially in the second half of the season, after Johnson was already gone.
  #62   IP: 63.146.24.10
Old 08-20-2008, 04:39 AM

Unfortunately, on the internet, no facts need to be proven. If you write "My sources" and post in ambiguous style, that paints the appearance of "journalistic integrity". But one again... no such thing on the internet. As it turns out, some people are just boobs.
  #63   IP: 66.134.102.250
Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketman View Post
John Morris and Mike Mink have been nothing but class acts to the raiders. They have been beyond responsive.
But it doesn't counter the issue you proposed about the CIFL, that it is owned by two people.

The AIFA's track record of success is marginally, if any, better than the CIFL's. 2008 was a fair bit better, but the leagues would have had exactly the same level of success had Flint showed up to the Rochester game. I still think, if the "outside league owner" theory isn't going to work...which is probably a fair assessment at this stage; the CIFL and AIFA are neither strong leagues right now...you either need to do what the WIFL did successfully (until we all figured out half their team owners were pretty poor), or start working with the IFL pretty heavily.
  #64   IP: 141.209.39.199
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 AM

Lose, lose situation...

combine the leagues, form a player union, pay insurances, workman's comp. professional set -up.... DONT MAKE MONEY

Keep the leagues as they are, players get hosed, skip out on what you dont want to pay, get sued, skip out of town....DONT MAKE MONEY

Invest your money wisely...I hear the Subway Snack Shops are a good investment...oh wait, you have to show like a million in the bank for that.

forget it! I can't help these owners! lol
  #65   IP: 66.134.102.250
Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to exit322 Send a message via MSN to exit322 Send a message via Yahoo to exit322

Teams can be profitable. The CIFL's most profitable teams (Marion and Lehigh) are its most professional ones.
  #66   IP: 71.86.192.214
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketman View Post
John Morris and Mike Mink have been nothing but class acts to the raiders. They have been beyond responsive.
I don't doubt it, but you said above:

Quote:
Why the cifl will have a hard time getting back to respectability is based on the premise of its league;its owned by 2 people.I am starting to believe,like many owners, that this model doesnt work for the long haul . To have "an owners owned,commisioner run league" is probably the best way to go. We will see what happens down the road over the next several weeks.
You spoke of the model for league ownership, and said the CIFL's doesn't work, though it is essentially the same one as employed by your new league, the AIFA. So, just to clarify, are you now stating that the league model isn't the problem, it's the people running it?
  #67   IP: 75.24.29.18
Old 08-20-2008, 10:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to robertboyd Send a message via Yahoo to robertboyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championbuilder View Post
Invest your money wisely...I hear the Subway Snack Shops are a good investment
Actually you need about $100,000 for a subway franchise, but the ROI on them is awful because a majority of them are starting to lose money and those that make money average around $25,000 a year net profit to the franchise owner.
  #68   IP: 192.175.173.142
Old 08-20-2008, 10:44 AM

Just my 2 cents.
Attached Files
File Type: zip League_Finances_Updated.zip (8.2 KB, 25 views)
  #69   IP: 137.9.121.122
Old 08-20-2008, 03:34 PM

Default CIFL for Sale or Not?

Let’s Stop With All The Back And Fourth And Make A Decession On What We Are Going To Do With The Cifl. Are We All Willing To Make The Changes Needed To Make The Cifl A Better Run League Or Is The Cifl In Such Bad Of A Shape That It Can't Be Fixed And We All Should Move To Another League? My Question Is If Someone Buys The Cifl Are They Buying It To Change The Way Things Are Ran And Make It A Great League Or Is It Being Bought So It Can Be Handed Over To Another League. Then The Next Question Is To The Other Owners, If A Certain Person Buys The League How Many Of You Are Willing To Stay And Try To Make This Thing Work. The Owners Of The Cifl And The Owners Of The Teams Need To Get Together Either At A Meeting Or A Confrence Call Asap And Talk About It. You Need To Make Sure That Certain Dues Are Paid Up Front So You Don’t Have The Problem Of People Not Paying What They Should. If A Team Can't Pay Thier Bills Then They Shouldn't Be In The League. We Have To Set A Standard On How This Thing Should Be Run. I Like The Cifl I Think It Is A Good League And Can Be A Great One But We All Have To Put In The Work To Make It That Way. It Would Be A Shame To See This League Fold Because People Are Not Willing To Work Together And Try To Fix Something They Fought Hard For 3 Years To Build.
  #70   IP: 12.35.6.98
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM

I hate to be nitpickey here. But you should really try to post without capitalizing the first letter of every word you type. It's not good sentence structure. And if you're purpose for doing so is to emphasize your point, then you've failed. All you've done is made your post annoying to read.

But, other than that, good post.
Closed Thread