OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 71.115.87.162
Old 07-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe if Coach Beathea showed-up for the all*star game then he may have had an answer for Bellingham
Since the key to the game Friday seemed to be TEAM rather than individual play, I doubt seeing the two guys on the floor as opposed to hearing what his assistants would have told him would have helped. From what I've read it sounds like the Bellingham team on Friday was quite different than the team I saw on film - I think they did their homework and knew that it would require a strong defense to defeat the Express, and worked on that part of the game quite a bit.
  #12   IP: 24.7.231.112
Old 07-20-2008, 06:19 PM

I agree with Winds...seeing 2 players wouldn't have shown anything about the Slam. The Slam, unlike Portland last year, played as a team - and it took a team effort to defeat the 2 time IBL champs. Hats off to the Slam....
  #13   IP: 24.17.157.148
Old 07-20-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhart_Fan View Post
I agree with Winds...seeing 2 players wouldn't have shown anything about the Slam. The Slam, unlike Portland last year, played as a team - and it took a team effort to defeat the 2 time IBL champs. Hats off to the Slam....
I think the outcome of the game came down to a few things:

- After Moodie hit a couple early shots to open the game, Brandon Hartley came off the bench to play D on him and gave him fits the rest of the night. After hitting his first 2 3-pointers, he missed his next 10.

- I don't know how much he would have played, but not having James Tyler available as another big body inside probably hurt.

- I'm wondering if playing on a longer (pro-size) floor didn't affect Elkhart's ryhtym. It might be hard to asjust on the fly to having eveything 10 feet further down the court than you are used to.

- Marques Lewis' ejection in the second half was huge for the Slam. He was banging inside all night, and not having him on the floor down the stetch was a hugh disadvantage.