OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   IP: 71.182.210.84
Old 07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
psbf psbf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,884
Default

I don't know how there are 5 teams! Only 4 that I know of who are current.
Reply With Quote
  #12   IP: 71.239.171.65
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
a1sports a1sports is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,946
Default

Hey Chuckie. Ask you buddy in Albany there, Mr, Coyne, then you can e-mail me an apology. This is the one and only time I will share with you where the info came from. If you were in the "know"...which after the past year I know you are not, you would have heard through other sources as I did that the CBA and ABA talked about interleague play.

(yawn) awaiting your apology !!

Please go write another story about a toy and win an award, you are a good writer. Lets leave it at that.
Reply With Quote
  #13   IP: 75.68.239.160
Old 07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
formerlyknownasfells formerlyknownasfells is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sports View Post
Hey Chuckie. Ask you buddy in Albany there, Mr, Coyne, then you can e-mail me an apology. This is the one and only time I will share with you where the info came from. If you were in the "know"...which after the past year I know you are not, you would have heard through other sources as I did that the CBA and ABA talked about interleague play.

(yawn) awaiting your apology !!

Please go write another story about a toy and win an award, you are a good writer. Lets leave it at that.
Waiting for a response from Chuck in 3......2......1........
__________________
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."
Reply With Quote
  #14   IP: 71.239.171.65
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
a1sports a1sports is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,946
Default

Here Chris, let me answer for Chuck............

Scoop Diamond named media agent for Utica Wreckers.

Deaf and blind amputee Scoop Diamond was named media agent for the Wreckers at a press conference today at midnight. Scoop didnt know the difference as the wreckers didnt pay the utility bills. His frist press release was approved by the Gwizzles and as usual the brail was placed in the wrong position. When asked by the janitor and night watchman through a special vibrating device located on scoops ear if he liked his new job. Scoop replied> "ahd leek cheeese width dat booger and freyes"
Reply With Quote
  #15   IP: 75.68.239.160
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
formerlyknownasfells formerlyknownasfells is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sports View Post
Here Chris, let me answer for Chuck............

Scoop Diamond named media agent for Utica Wreckers.

Deaf and blind amputee Scoop Diamond was named media agent for the Wreckers at a press conference today at midnight. Scoop didnt know the difference as the wreckers didnt pay the utility bills. His frist press release was approved by the Gwizzles and as usual the brail was placed in the wrong position. When asked by the janitor and night watchman through a special vibrating device located on scoops ear if he liked his new job. Scoop replied> "ahd leek cheeese width dat booger and freyes"
Eh, I give it a two on a ten scale as the spelling is off and doesn't come close to the original story line.
__________________
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."
Reply With Quote
  #16   IP: 71.68.117.85
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
wellington's Avatar
wellington wellington is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 580
Arrow

a1sports = *yawn*
__________________
San Francisco Seals
Reply With Quote
  #17   IP: 71.239.171.65
Old 07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
a1sports a1sports is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,946
Default

Your too kind Chris...Id give it a zero..the same grade Id give Chuck for his information gathering and sources in the basketball world. SO easy for him to comment on someones post but difficult for him to build a list of excellent contacts for info.

I heard he was buddy buddy with Doyle. then where is any info on the PBL?
How about any info on anything basketball related?
Reply With Quote
  #18   IP: 75.68.239.160
Old 07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
formerlyknownasfells formerlyknownasfells is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sports View Post
Your too kind Chris...Id give it a zero..the same grade Id give Chuck for his information gathering and sources in the basketball world. SO easy for him to comment on someones post but difficult for him to build a list of excellent contacts for info.

I heard he was buddy buddy with Doyle. then where is any info on the PBL?
How about any info on anything basketball related?
Actually, he is as good as they come. Watch the personal attacks A1.
__________________
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."
Reply With Quote
  #19   IP: 208.69.65.155
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
not so fast not so fast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via AIM to not so fast
Default

The CBA has been looking into a lot of things in the off season, and exhibition games with ABA being one of them, but it was totally rejected. When you don't have a lot of teams, you have to look at other avenues, so they were bouncing around a lot of different scenerios, but that does not mean the League has come to any level down to the aba status.

Minor league basketball has been in trouble for awhile, and it continues to get worse. With the aau mentality saturating our country, it has created rise to people who think you can run a pro basketball team like a aau team for thier 13 year old son.

The real good basketball people who used to be involved with basketball, are now either in the D-league, a few are in the CBA, and a couple are spattered thoughout the rest of these generic leagues.

I would like to know, how many people who are coaching or in management in the ibl,aba,cba, and pbl, ever saw a minorleague game of basketball in, lets say in the 90's or even as late as 2001. How many ever saw a game, talked with a GM back then or held a conversation with a basketball operations person, and talked with these people on how the operations runs, and what the process is to getting quality players and quality play.

It is simply a shame what has happened to basketball, in terms of minorleagues here in the states. More has been less when it comes to basketball.

And I include myself when it comes to this criticism, I mean I was an assistant in the ibl a few years ago, heck ther is no way in the 90,s that I would have been any where near the bench of a CBA team unless I bought a season ticket.

Standards, what has happened?

I my friends, like to keep it real!
Reply With Quote
  #20   IP: 75.68.239.160
Old 07-10-2008, 03:49 PM
formerlyknownasfells formerlyknownasfells is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by not so fast View Post
The CBA has been looking into a lot of things in the off season, and exhibition games with ABA being one of them, but it was totally rejected. When you don't have a lot of teams, you have to look at other avenues, so they were bouncing around a lot of different scenerios, but that does not mean the League has come to any level down to the aba status.

Minor league basketball has been in trouble for awhile, and it continues to get worse. With the aau mentality saturating our country, it has created rise to people who think you can run a pro basketball team like a aau team for thier 13 year old son.

The real good basketball people who used to be involved with basketball, are now either in the D-league, a few are in the CBA, and a couple are spattered thoughout the rest of these generic leagues.

I would like to know, how many people who are coaching or in management in the ibl,aba,cba, and pbl, ever saw a minorleague game of basketball in, lets say in the 90's or even as late as 2001. How many ever saw a game, talked with a GM back then or held a conversation with a basketball operations person, and talked with these people on how the operations runs, and what the process is to getting quality players and quality play.

It is simply a shame what has happened to basketball, in terms of minorleagues here in the states. More has been less when it comes to basketball.

And I include myself when it comes to this criticism, I mean I was an assistant in the ibl a few years ago, heck ther is no way in the 90,s that I would have been any where near the bench of a CBA team unless I bought a season ticket.

Standards, what has happened?

I my friends, like to keep it real!
It is interesting, before the Frost Heaves came to Vermont, I had never seen a minor league basketball game. From what I have seen in the last three years, the level of play is good, but not what it is overseas.

Now, to pose a question to everyone: What will it take for minor league basketball to be a success in the US? Will it take merging of leagues, somehow getting everyone together and creating the same system baseball has, or something else?

To me minor league basketball can succeed, it just hasn't been done right. Other than the D-League, there isn't any sort of feeder system to the NBA, and there isn't any real solid development.

What I would love to see is something like the D-League be similar to AAA, the PBL AA, and maybe the IBL as Single A. Let the Almost Basketball Association either die or leave them as an independent league similar to the GBL and the Can-Am League.

If minor league teams were affiliated with an NBA team, there would be more money coming in to their affiliates and therefore more stability with their teams.

Just throwing it out there.....
__________________
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Hapening ImgHappening Now