OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 208.102.202.121
Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Default Could Minot make it in the DLeauge?

There are rumors on the CBA and PBL boards about the eastern CBA teams joining the PBL. One problem is that Minot is pretty far away from any other team in the PBL or the CBA. Does anyone think that they would be able to make it in the DLeague? I think it would be great for the Wizards to have a close rival (old school fans remember the Wizards/Snowbears rivalry). Also it would help travel costs, teams would not have to fly all of the way to North Dakota to just play the Wizards, they could also add Snowbear games to the road trip. Any thoughts?
  #2   IP: 216.249.209.134
Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 PM

I actually thought of this with the changes to the CBA and with the Dleague seeming to want to expand I really don't know though..... I think it would fit in fine with the Dleague but Bismark can hardly handle a team could Minot?
  #3   IP: 96.3.65.166
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbballfan View Post
Bismark can hardly handle a team could Minot?
The Wizards have been in Bismarck for 12 years, surviving three different leagues....that's "hardly" handling a team??? Sure, they lost money this year, but they are far from dead. They seem do better than more than half of the D-League teams, as far as attendance goes.
  #4   IP: 132.49.221.26
Old 05-13-2008, 12:17 PM

Minot needs to help form a league IMO.

I think you know my answer by now... but just for those who are smart enough not to get fixated on message boards...

...the D-League is morphing to control of a team by an NBA team, with possible exceptions. If you're the Minnesota Timberwolves, do you make a play for Sioux Falls, Bismarck... or Des Moines? It's not that easy an answer, but I'd bet North Dakota is SOL.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107
  #5   IP: 216.221.101.193
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 PM

Default eF the D-League.

Minot doesn't want to be in the D-League ------ that's a loser situation from the outset for a town that size. Yes, they'd have to have help from ''above''...... too bad BizWizzers...... the rivalry is lost, probably forever. I personally don't care. The brand of ball in Minot right now is the perfect fit. Those fat, overpaid gov't drones in Biz can keep their D-League. -------------------- by the way: http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=238229
  #6   IP: 96.3.65.166
Old 05-21-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzzmo View Post
......and?
  #7   IP: 208.102.202.121
Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzzmo View Post
Minot doesn't want to be in the D-League ------ that's a loser situation from the outset for a town that size. Yes, they'd have to have help from ''above''...... too bad BizWizzers...... the rivalry is lost, probably forever. I personally don't care. The brand of ball in Minot right now is the perfect fit. Those fat, overpaid gov't drones in Biz can keep their D-League. -------------------- by the way: http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=238229

The CBA is down to 6 teams and I'm guessing more will follow Augusta to the PBL. Have fun watch you "brand of ball" in a league with 6 teams.
  #8   IP: 96.3.172.42
Old 06-06-2008, 01:24 AM

Haha, I don't know what to say about this thread.. Minot couldn't make it in the D-League, but I would almost rather be in the CBA. Or at least have the CBA's rules on talent. I know the D-League is set up much better, with better franchise security, but I can't get over the player pool.. Also, that link about Los, why? I would link to something regarding the pride of the Minot franchise, Ronnie Fields, but I can't really pick just one..