OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   IP: 75.152.201.224
Old 05-11-2008, 02:34 PM
CanadianBaller CanadianBaller is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 40
Default Ibl Vs Cba Game

The IBL is quickly becoming a very exciting brand of basketball. The Edmonton Chill are doing very well in their first season and the games they have played versus Central Oregan, Bellingham, and Tacoma have all been top notch basketball. I think there should be a IBL VS CBA All Star game to measure the talent of both leagues or create one league by merging the two leagues.

Link to the IBL Site:

http://www.iblhoopsonline.com/

Last edited by CanadianBaller; 05-11-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 71.239.36.81
Old 05-11-2008, 03:31 PM
not so fast not so fast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via AIM to not so fast
Default

canadianballer, I have been appointed to follow you around the message boards and correct you. ( I actually spent a week in Canada once and it was great.)

The CBA/ibl all star game you want to see play would have a definite ibl feel to it. CBA 188, ibl 67.

one league plays most games in high school gyms, and the other in Arena style venues.

one league has legendary coaches, one has volunteer coaches.

Now I can go back to the Laker/utah game!
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 76.193.18.195
Old 05-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Ken, Steelheads fan's Avatar
Ken, Steelheads fan Ken, Steelheads fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gary, Indiana. Otherwise, known as G.I.
Posts: 2,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by not so fast View Post
canadianballer, I have been appointed to follow you around the message boards and correct you. ( I actually spent a week in Canada once and it was great.)

The CBA/ibl all star game you want to see play would have a definite ibl feel to it. CBA 188, ibl 67.

one league plays most games in high school gyms, and the other in Arena style venues.

one league has legendary coaches, one has volunteer coaches.

Now I can go back to the Laker/utah game!
...and of course, I offer everyone an alternative point of view.

The IBL is a spring league and the CBA is fall and winter. A merger won't happen. Years ago, a CBA/IBL all*star game would have resulted in a CBA blowout win. However, the NBADL has the best talent now. Some of the best CBA talent plays in the IBL during the spring because the USBL is history. Some of the excellent talent that went overseas during the winter is available to play for the IBL during the spring. I'm not so sure a hypothetical CBA vs. IBL all*star game would result in a CBA blowout.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 163.120.82.210
Old 05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
rams80 rams80 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Greencastle, IN
Posts: 1,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBaller View Post
The IBL is quickly becoming a very exciting brand of basketball. The Edmonton Chill are doing very well in their first season and the games they have played versus Central Oregan, Bellingham, and Tacoma have all been top notch basketball. I think there should be a IBL VS CBA All Star game to measure the talent of both leagues or create one league by merging the two leagues.

Link to the IBL Site:

http://www.iblhoopsonline.com/
"Hi, I now hold a management position in the IBL, and would like to add you to my little empire, even though our leagues do not play at the same time and there is a pretty significant talent disparity between our leagues."

Is that how it should read?
__________________
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 64.12.117.138
Old 05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
runninref runninref is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: florida
Posts: 435
Default

For once, I agree with Ken. And I will even take it a step further. If the hypothetical game ever happened (not a chance), the IBL would beat the CBA at least in a few weeks when there won't be many CBA teams left because they have all headed to the PBL. Seriously, it would not be a blowout for either side, as the IBL does have more tallent then most give them credit for having. There are many Americans playing in Europe and the IBL as well as the seasons do not conflict. You can't say that about the CBA.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 71.182.209.225
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 AM
psbf psbf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,884
Default

I can't believe that the previous posts are anti-CBA in a CBA forum! You're acting like this league is already dead! I'm here to tell you that is not yet the case!
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 24.199.220.227
Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM
DazedAndAmused DazedAndAmused is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbf View Post
I can't believe that the previous posts are anti-CBA in a CBA forum! You're acting like this league is already dead! I'm here to tell you that is not yet the case!
Since we can't predict the future, the CURRENT CBA has talent that is VASTLY superior to that of the IBL, even though there are a few CBA, PBL, and ABA players that do play in the league to earn a little (very little) extra dough and to stay in shape. It's apples and oranges and thus the exercise in comparison is futile.

If CBA teams bolt to the PBL, then there isn't much left to talk about. The IBL is a nice summer league. Let's not over sell it to make it something it is not or not intended to be. The IBL pundits and "bots" seem to be feeling their oats a little during the latest turmoil in the winter leagues. (This is an a1 strategy....thinking your league looks better if the others look worse.)

I say stay out of that and do your own thing staying above it all. Do what you do best.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cba, ibl

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Hapening ImgHappening Now