OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 65.77.71.46
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM

Dang it.... Who unplugged the webcast computer?
  #12   IP: 71.182.220.229
Old 03-26-2008, 09:26 PM

I've been following the game by tracker, it's easier. Final, cavs 98, rockets 93
  #13   IP: 70.7.180.233
Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 PM

I had a feeling that MRR would have te Cavs ready...Nice job...

Things are good when you shoot 50% from 3 point land and 48% from the field.
  #14   IP: 216.183.229.246
Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCAVS67 View Post
Crazy owner John Zelbst on the radio right now.....

- How some players didn't show up for Monday's game.
- How MRR was going to change things for this game.
- Keeping Fields under 30 points tonight - (don't know if they can do that)
- How Minot does things, He likes it and thinks things can only get better for them.
- How great the Fan base in Lawton is and how the fans that came to Lawton from Minot couldn't believe how loud we were on Sat and Mon.
- CBA - Calvary Basketball Addiction.
* Why do you call him "crazy"?
* Which players did not show up?
* Are they changing the name of the team?
* Any hints at expansion/relocation?
  #15   IP: 209.33.55.224
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronhere View Post
* Why do you call him "crazy"?
* Which players did not show up?
* Are they changing the name of the team?
* Any hints at expansion/relocation?
* I call him crazy because of how he acts during the game. Up and down yelling at players and refs. Very passionate about the team.
He is actually a nice guy and one of the best trial lawyers in the State of Oklahoma

* Players were at the game, he just meant that they just didn't seem to have their heads in the game. I think MMR said in a pregame conversation with the Magic 95 announcer the players were Shawn Daniels, Marvin Phillips and Curtis Haywood.

*The name of the team was changed on Monday to the Lawton/Ft. Sill Calvary to better represent that the team is from Lawton. Oklahoma Calvary worked, but not alot of people understood that the team played in Lawton.
Some people thought they played in Oklahoma City(OKC). This will help out alot for next year in marketing the team.

*He didn't say anything about expansion, but did say that the league is looking good for growth and for the future.
  #16   IP: 75.59.147.165
Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCAVS67 View Post

* Players were at the game, he just meant that they just didn't seem to have their heads in the game. I think MMR said in a pregame conversation with the Magic 95 announcer the players were Shawn Daniels, Marvin Phillips and Curtis Haywood.
In the pregame, MRR was unhappy at the play of Brandon Dean (who came back to be the star of Game 3!), Nate Green, Marvin and Shawn and said he had addressed it with the players.

Curtis *WAS NOT* mentioned. He looks like he's always going full speed!
  #17   IP: 68.191.182.34
Old 03-27-2008, 03:19 PM

I was wondering if they changed the name to make more sense if an expansion franchise is placed in Tulsa or some other city. I wonder what the move of the SuperSonics to Oklahoma City will do for the team.
  #18   IP: 75.59.147.165
Old 03-27-2008, 04:48 PM

I'm guessing the NBA coming to OKC will not have much of an effect on the Cavs. I'm pretty sure there aren't many fans (if any) coming from the OKC area.

The Cavs may miss out on an occassional sale if they play the same night as the NBA team, but most people I know from Lawton only went to a couple games a year when the Hornets played there. I did know one guy who bought season ticketts, but he didn't make the trip up there for them all. Just the fuel and toll charges alone would be a big investment for Lawton fans to make if they want to support the NBA.

The one big difference is we may lose our great mascot to the NBA. He was the NBA Hornet and he's from The City, so I'm guessing he might want that gig.
  #19   IP: 216.221.101.193
Old 03-27-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Cavalry: tough hombres

boy, the Cavs play tough albeit ''grabby'' defense. i thought both teams looked a little worn down. Cavs shot well at the Launchpad. Minot should bounceback after a restful Thursday. Cavs are probably going crazy in the hotel........... Ray Cunningham is due to breakout for Minot. MRR alluded to a little different scheme they had for Ronnie F. on Wed (see local MDN article) i'm definitely worried how this is starting to look however... even if Minot can get it back to 2-2, i don't think the Cavs will likely relinquish the alternating wins pattern. good series. two gritty clubs. nice to see Nate Green alive and well.... he was a bit of a fan fav back when he played for the Snowbears in Minot, circa 1999. a puppy then and now a grizzled vet back helping in a bid for a CBA title. great stuff.

Last edited by Cazzzmo; 03-27-2008 at 05:55 PM.
  #20   IP: 24.111.208.50
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM

I'm new to the forums here. There seems to be a lot of respectful people here! I am actually a Skyrockets fan. I was at game 3. Excellent game to be at if a person likes thrills. All I have to say is the refs did suck, for both teams. But Minot didn't lose because of the refs. Free throws were a weak point that night. Cavalry played an excellent game. Richardson is a blast to watch. I'm expecting game 4 to be exciting as well!